• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. m24shooter

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

Jimmy let me see what I can do. The lamp module is not the stock one and I don't remember the PN for it. I'll try to get some pics for you.
  2. m24shooter

Mossberg 500 Side Saddle/Shotshell Holder Options

The 3GG Velcro unit is durable enough to be included with the Remington MCS kit and Pro Patria 590/500 retrofit kit. Those go through some pretty extreme conditions. They are also commonly used with 3G comps, and have stood up well to that also. Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
  3. m24shooter

Kit Talk...

Thanks. The Micros are great, and I've pretty much settled on them. You can run them over armor or a shirt and don't interfere with a duty/warbelt. And like everything from John it's quality gear. Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
  4. m24shooter

Jimmy I really don't remember if you can run it with the shorter bars. I don't think Dremelling will be the issue. You might actually have to change the action bar/spool out. With that, your light is going to be set back a little more than normal and you may end up with shadow from your mag tube...
  5. m24shooter

Jimmy I really don't remember if you can run it with the shorter bars. I don't think Dremelling will be the issue. You might actually have to change the action bar/spool out. With that, your light is going to be set back a little more than normal and you may end up with shadow from your mag tube...
  6. m24shooter

Kit Talk...

Thanks. I've got the review if the Stacked M4 on there too. Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2
  7. m24shooter

Kit Talk...

No prob. I also run the M4 Stacked rig, and it is great for AR platforms.
  8. m24shooter

Kit Talk...

Here's my review on it. http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?2795-Original-SOE-Gear-12-Gauge-Micro-Rig
  9. m24shooter

Anyone use Rechargable batteries in their optics

There is an outfit that does a modification on EOThingies that puts a solar panel on the hood. It allows you to use rechargables in the optic and the solar panel recharges the batteries at a rate that is higher than the usage in sunlight. I have some Energizer rechargables, but I have never...
  10. m24shooter

What kind of shotguns do the military currently use?

The 500A1 was a wierd request originally from the 80s. The shotgun is essentially a 590A1 with 1.5" of barrel removed. I guess somebody high up decided that the extra 1.5" on the readily available existing shotgun had to go, but dropping down to another COTS 14.5" 590A1 was a no-go for some...
  11. m24shooter

Anybody using a Jetboil?

I just got a new Jetboil Sol to replace my old Jetboil that I can't find. I've been using an alcohol burner for hiking and light camping. Is anybody using a Sol, or one of the others? Just looking for any ideas on cooking, recipes, etc. I've always used MREs and Mountain House stuff, but I'm...
  12. m24shooter

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

Until OFM finally decides to do several things, the 930 SPX is going to have issues. Among these are: 1. Get serious about QC 2. Get serious about fixing the problems that 930 SPX owners have in terms of customer service 3. Get serious about making a truly capable fighting shotgun and not...
  13. m24shooter

Nordic Magazine Tube Doesn't Fit

I think I know the problem. Is your barrel the heavy wall barrel? It is probably the older clamp made for the older barrel diameter. The thicker barrels don't play well with the clamps. You can get the updated clamp from Nordic, or you can do what Nordic does yourself. Put a large socket in...
  14. m24shooter

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: question regarding the bolt release/quick unload button Those are two of the complaints/issues/flaws that I identified early on in my review. It is easy to hit the bolt release and have two rounds end up on the carrier, with one in transition from the mag tube to the carrier. It will make...
  15. m24shooter

What kind of shotguns do the military currently use?

Just wondering what you're basing the TX4 and 500A1 usage on. Haven't heard or seen anything about those at all as far as the TX4, and the 500A1 was a production request by the Navy for a modified 500 back in the 80s. As far as the Navy and MC wanting pumps, the Marines drove the M1014 program...
  16. m24shooter

New member, New 590A1

Mike- The GRS are nice. If you plan on pushing range back or shooting slugs they are great. Not saying they aren't good uo close too. But if you are going to do most shooting uo close an XS Big dot tritium bead is very hard to beat. The SF mag tube stock is very long. I'm saying that as someone...
  17. m24shooter

Stiff trigger pull on my 590a1, how to lighten?

I wouldn't miss with trigger on the 500/590 series. It has a few very small parts that will make the shotgun unsafe if you don't put them back in right. If you pull the FCG and send it to Mike at Aimpro they can work on it and really improve the feel.
  18. m24shooter

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions It's the +2.
  19. m24shooter

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions Nordic extension, caps, and clamp.
Back