• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. K

702 Plinkster accuracy

I have a couple thousand rounds through my rifle since Christmas. As seen other threads, I put Techsights on it as well a Cheek Riser and a GI Sling. I shot at an Appleseed event yesterday www.appleseedinfo.org and ran about 300 rounds. Zero Misfeeds or malfunctions. I shot Rifleman's score 3...
  2. K

Last shot hold open

The "real" empty mag Lockback is supposed to catch on the mag follower. So removing that mag lets the bolt fall unless you manually lock it all the back. Can you see where it is catching? When it happens, release the mag and see if it drops
  3. K

ATI Universal Cheekrest on 702 Plinkster

It attaches with two screws. Non adjustable height but was perfect for me. The profile of the bottom doesn't match the shape of he Stock but not too ugly. I'm not that worried about the looks of this rifle....I put a larger Buttpad on mine to increase the Length of Pull and had to use a little...
  4. K

Birdshot Mossberg 500 or .38 special for HD?

Go with #4 Buck. DEFINITELY not Slugs
  5. K

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

Mounting Lights to 500 A Clamp-on Tri Rail is super easy and solid. Then a rail mount light and you are in business. If you ever decide to get an expensive Light with a pressure switch you can still use the Tri Rail mount
  6. K

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

New 12g AR15 Style Shotgun From RAA MKA-1919 You better not put your nose against the charging handle on that "AR"! It is interesting but I say let shotguns be shotguns and AR's be AR's Maybe we can get a Sawed off Double Barrel 5.56
  7. K

Whats your sling?

I just got a Cotton GI Sling from www.tech-sites.com It's a 1 1/4" with a J hook on one end. Got it to use on my Plinkster
  8. K

best low budget buckshot?

Yeah....for short range don't waste your time on Flite Control. It might even be too tight of a pattern. Buckshot all seems to have a point where it REALLY falls apart. The spread is gradual to a point.
  9. K

Flushing out a new gun

I got a Plinkster for Christmas and have run about 700 rounds through it without cleaning it (just sprayed with oil). I tore it down today and the bolt was full of crud and sandy grit. I wiped it and rinsed it some..even used some compressed air.. But when I put it back together I could hear...
  10. K

Raising the Comb on a Plinkster (or any other rifle)

The Blackhawk pad is well made. It is also bulky.... I would prefer it to be more targeted in the padding...it's spread over the whole think rather than just where you need it.
  11. K

Tech Sights on 702

Yes, I just don't have my 'structure' down yet. Doing lots of Dryfire sighting. No need to waste ammo. I can tell when I am locked in and when I'm not
  12. K

Tech Sights on 702

Got to shoot today. I'm still learning how to hold properly and use a Sling. Need to experiment with the positioning of the Rear Sight still. I'm having a hard time getting the rear sight locked onto the Rail. The adjusting tool they sell doesn't fit the Locking nut (dumb) but it does adjust...
  13. K

Yes...should have been more clear. www.tech-sights.com They are Peep Sights (Rear Aperture).
  14. K

And to contribute my DIY I cut up a Beer Koozie into strips. Stacked them up and taped them on with Black Gaffer tape (doesn't leave a gummy residue like Duct tape).
  15. K

I got a 702 plinkster for Christmas and am setting it up as an Appleseed gun. I put on Tech Sights, Swivels, a GI Sling. The Tech Sights sit up pretty high and I am getting more of a Jaw Weld than a cheek Weld. I ordered a Blackhawk adjustable Cheek Pad off of eBay (hasn't arrived yet). What...
  16. K

Tech Sights on 702

I'll do a range report....trying to shoot this week. Will probably only be. 50' range though. Will use tiny targets. The great things already though: Easy to sight with both eyes open. I'm able to intelligently sight WAY smaller targets than with the stock front. I'm doing Dryfire drills with...
  17. K

Installing sling swivel studs on 702

Yes, that did help. I made the hole small enough where I had to work to get the screw started. It seems like they are in there very solid. I've borrowed a sling from another rifle but it is working well. Just ordered a "GI Cotton Web Sling" for it. Thanks
  18. K

is 200 worth a 15" sbs mossberg

is 200 worth a 15" sbs mossberg Ah....you want one NOW. Well at least the Keltec is "shipping". Are there no Mossberg kits being made? There are Saiga and 870 kits
  19. K

Tech Sights on 702

Tech Sights are NICE. Installation is extremely easy. I have to get some medium Loctite to finish it. I removed the original Rear sight. Leaves holes but gives a cleaner profile. The Rear Sight locks onto the Rail and needs a small spanner to tighten it down. Probably smart to get their...
Back