• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Curly

Bought my first mossberg 590A1

Man that really looks sweet bsipes. Looks like fine workmanship on both the barrel and the heat shield. Glad you got this thing all worked out.
  2. Curly

Ok bsipes, you're on the right track. I drilled through the end of the fixed aluminum stock rod using the tiny hole as a pilot just like you started to do. First I drilled a 3/8" hole through (the end of the stock is about 3/4" thick). Then I used a step drill (you can get one at Home Depot or...
  3. Curly

Thanks Rossignol, I'm grateful that you appreciated my post. I have nothing but respect for you and all the other guys with the experience on this forum. I'm learning and glad I could help someone out.
  4. Curly

Hey bsipes As far as I know you aren't doing anything wrong. Unfortunately you have to remove the stock to remove the trigger assembly. This adjustable stock accepts AR15 grips so it nest right up against the rear of the trigger guard. I bought an AR15/M16 stock wrench as soon as I got the A1...
  5. Curly

Hey bsipes, welcome to the forum. I don't get to log on here as much as I would like but I enjoy it and learn something new every time I do. I've got the same model and I too was a little shocked to see that it has the highest retail priced A1 on the market. I have a folding vertical foregrip...
  6. Curly

My 590A1 is getting Fat

That's a good plan MossLvR, make it even lighter. Yeah Rossignol, I don't think 10 pounds is bad at all. I was just thinking about how important the weight is when you're looking for a shotgun, and how that goes out the window when you get it. I was very happy that mine (model #53690) came in...
  7. Curly

My 590A1 is getting Fat

When I pulled my brand new A1 out of the box back in October of last year it weighted a scant 6lbs.-15.4ozs. (I have a certified Mettler Toledo Postal Scale). Now after many "upgrades" it weights in at a chubby 8lbs.-11.2ozs. It has put on 1-3/4 pounds of extra weight! And that's before adding...
  8. Curly

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

Re: Tritium replacement for 3 Dot sights? Got-em from "Ameriglo" (see link below) https://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights ... plete-sets Thanks plinkr1234 for finding these.
  9. Curly

Re: Tritium replacement for 3 Dot sights? Got the Tritium sights installed. I thought the rear was just screwed into a threaded hole in the barrel but it mounts to a key that fits into a dovetail slot on the barrel. I wonder if any other type of rear sight would fit into this dovetail slot?
  10. Curly

Re: Tritium replacement for 3 Dot sights? A note for anyone interested, at the link listed above "Mounting Solutions Plus" the set cost $85.00 but if you buy directly from AmeriGlo the set cost just $69.00 + shipping and the front sight alone is $42.00 + shipping. I just ordered the set from...
  11. Curly

Re: Tritium replacement for 3 Dot sights? Wow, I just got back from vacation and man I can tell you this is like getting another Christmas gift. Thanks Plnkr. BTW, you are correct, the front sight is adjustable for windage but the rear sight has no adjustment at all. Thanks again, I'm...
  12. Curly

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa Thought I'd add my A1 to the mix. This is a very comfortable Shotgun. I really like how Mossberg rotated the pistol grip mount to put the grip in a more vertical position than the standard fit on a AR-15.
  13. Curly

Tritium replacement for 3 Dot sights?

Thought I'd post up pics of the standard 3 dot sights for reference.
  14. Curly

Re: Tritium replacement for 3 Dot sights? Thought I'd post up pics of the standard 3 dot sights for reference.
  15. Curly

Thanks Gumby, but still no luck there either. I'm going to go down to my local dealer and see if any manufacturer has the same front sight as used on my Mossy. Once again, thanks guys.
  16. Curly

Re: Tritium replacement for 3 Dot sights? Thanks Gumby, but still no luck there either. I'm going to go down to my local dealer and see if any manufacturer has the same front sight as used on my Mossy. Once again, thanks guys.
  17. Curly

Man ripjack, I appreciate all the effort you went through but it seems that no one makes tritium sights for the Mossberg w/ 3 dot sights. The front sight on my Mossy looks to be about the same size as the front sight on my Sig hand gun but with a different size dovetail. The closest looking set...
  18. Curly

Re: Tritium replacement for 3 Dot sights? Man ripjack, I appreciate all the effort you went through but it seems that no one makes tritium sights for the Mossberg w/ 3 dot sights. The front sight on my Mossy looks to be about the same size as the front sight on my Sig hand gun but with a...
  19. Curly

OK, thanks ripjack
  20. Curly

Re: Tritium replacement for 3 Dot sights? OK, thanks ripjack
Back