• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. OldMan

Clay Target Thrower

I'm leaning towards purchasing a Do-All Traps Backyard Traps Single. Prices vary around $130 or so. My local range has a couple of traps similar to this that I can use. Both are 3/4 cock sit down versions which are very nice and a joy to use. If you're by yourself consider a Trius One Step.
  2. OldMan

Got Wood?

Wow! Very nice grips and book matched at that! I just didn't think it was possible on such small pieces of wood but I stand corrected! These are beautiful! I really like the grips in photos 2, 3 and 5! Nice wind chimes! Your wife is very talented!
  3. OldMan

Something different.

Very cool indeed! I was expecting to see a Tommy Gun in there! :lol:
  4. OldMan

Got Wood?

^^ Nice indeed! ^^ It looks like you've got it sealed good. It's good that the crack at the pith didn't travel too far. Lignum vitae is very dense wood indeed. I have heard that pecan is difficult to work with also. It it appears to me it would be difficult to display and appreciate the beauty...
  5. OldMan

The mossbergs first take

Congrats! Now that's bringing home the bacon!!! :D
  6. OldMan

My new Hobby

Very nice! I've always wanted an O/U shotgun. I'm entertaining the idea of getting one of these or a Remington 1100 Classic Trap. I've been doing a lot of reading on both. Give us a review on it when you can.
  7. OldMan

Reblueing my old Stevens 94

Looking good John! I did a Stevens M94 in 12 gauge a few months ago. It turned out nicely, shoots good but kicks like a mule. The nice thing about the 94 is it can be opened by either a left or right hand shooter. The lever operates in either direction. You can put a coat of oil on it until...
  8. OldMan

Got Wood?

You're welcome! I hope the toe is better by now. :D
  9. OldMan

Removing Rust from Firearms

I have read many good reviews on the Blue Wonder product. I've always wanted to try it out but no one stocks it in my area. I would have to order it so instead I went with the Birchwood Casey product since I can get it locally. I couldn't wait to get to working on the guns. Lol!
  10. OldMan

Review on do-all white wing thrower?

Gotcha! There are several video's on YouTube if you haven't seen them already. Indeed do a review on it. Video is a plus if you can.
  11. OldMan

Removing Rust from Firearms

That's the process I used with the Birchwood Casey products. It's good that you got the rust off with a couple of applications. On a few of the guns I refinished I tried the blue and rust remover around six times and some rust still remains. The electrolysis bath I used removed all the rust. A...
  12. OldMan

Got Wood?

ripjack13, I didn't know you do woodworking! Nice selection of planks you have there. The zebrawood and bocote would make a nice set of grips. I have some extra wood that I won't use although not in plank form but I could cut it if you want any of it. On hand is: Black walnut (Log form)...
  13. OldMan

Do-All was as far as I got when reading the title. My bad! I first thought you were talking about a manual thrower, hence my reply. I'm not well versed on the different types of clay throwers but you state: I was looking at the 3/4 cock's because the auto ones were out of my price range. I...
  14. OldMan

My "Dungeon"

Ripsnortr, Very nice benches indeed! The top looks like red oak from the photo! I would add a thermometer which shows temp and humidity. Also a couple of wall outlets near your bench would come in handy.
  15. OldMan

Congratulations!!! Which model did you get? I was entertaining the idea of purchasing the Do-All Outdoors Backyard Clayhawk 3/4 Cock Trap but I found out that the DNR range I shoot at loans a couple of trap thrower's similar to the Do-All Outdoors Backyard Single 3/4 Cock Trap. I like the...
  16. OldMan

My "Dungeon"

I assume any Remington brand hulls are ok then. There's some Reminton hulls at my local range but most are the Wal-Mart Federal target hulls. They only remove the trash from the range every three weeks or so. :D From the link on load data posted by LBT45 above I see different primer brands...
  17. OldMan

My "Dungeon"

Will do! What hulls are best for reloading? Which one's are not good for reloading? I gather that the Remington Gun Club hulls are about the best. What about the other Remington braned hulls? Thanks for all your help LTB45!
  18. OldMan

My "Dungeon"

Cool! Thanks! In continuation then... I found a much cheaper place I could order the components from which reflect prices you quoted. I assume your price quoted is the base price without shipping and tax applied. Here's what I come up with. I could have the wrong components selected but I...
  19. OldMan

My "Dungeon"

LTB45, First, let me apologize as I've un-intentionally taken your "My Dungeon" thread off topic with my questions about reloading. I guess I should have started a new thread first. I will start a new thread for further questions. I'm still considering reloading after the first of the year. I...
  20. OldMan

My "Dungeon"

I watched a video on your MEC Grabber model and for a little bit more money I could have the auto indexing feature. Anyway I'm still thinking about this. I would like to do it as I really liked reloading handgun shells back in the day. Using the calculator link you provided here's a typical...
Back