• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. 6MT

Where do you keep your HD weapon?

Home defence to me is a handy 12” pump shotgun with a half dozen 00 buck shells in the mag.
  2. 6MT

My rifle-shotgun

I tried the new taller front bead sight out today for the first time. I was shooting 1oz. slugs at 109 yards. With the original bead, the gun was shooting about 25” high (with acquisition of the bead on the flat top of the receiver). With the new DT taller sight, the shotgun now shoots about 6”...
  3. 6MT

My rifle-shotgun

Yeah, I’m looking at a laser, but haven’t decided what to get. I want one really small.
  4. 6MT

My rifle-shotgun

After just 25 rounds, no problem. When I’ve shot around a hundred, then yes it’s an issue. But I do have a shoulder pad I wear when I shoot trap. That really helps.
  5. 6MT

My rifle-shotgun

I installed the new taller bead sight and front rail from DT. I watched their video on the bead sight installation. It was very easy. I dressed my socket with masking tape so I didn’t mark the barrel when taking off the OE sight and installing the new one. I did not encounter any crud or...
  6. 6MT

My rifle-shotgun

I took the new Retrograde out today to try it out. I had some 1oz target slugs to shoot. Notice that there’s no speed printed on that label. This barrel has a very low front bead sight. So my first couple of shots were very high using the front bead to sight. I knew about issue this before...
  7. 6MT

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Thanks! Simple, just how I like ‘em!
  8. 6MT

Mossberg 500/persuader retro safety issue (...with Pics: Plastic vs. Metal)

Mine is the 590 Retro. And no, the tape goes on the screw head. I used 4 layers and used my fingernail to indent the slot. Then, some downward pressure and the screw let go pretty easily.
  9. 6MT

Yeah, I did the masking tape trick. It worked perfectly. The original screw is unmarked. But I used the socket head screw that came with the new safety switch. Very easy install.
  10. 6MT

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

My new 590 Retro 18.5” And with my choice of sling. And new aluminum safety switch installed.
  11. 6MT

I just purchsed a 590 retro (not the A-1). Aside from that ridiculous slotted screw head and its removal, what do I need to do when removing it? Does the action need to be back like the 500 model example above? Does the safety need to be on safe or fire when removing the screw? Do I also need to...
  12. 6MT

Firearm Photo Gallery

A "smaller boomer"...(.338LM). It's known as a C-14 Timberwolf up here in Canada.
  13. 6MT

Just what everyone needs....

...on the business end of a 590a1
Back