• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. CrackerKen

Mossberg 185KA 20ga Bolt Action

Thanks ladytech. This old gun still works just fine. It's far from being worn out. The gun never was used a lot. Not sure, but I'd estimate less than 20 boxes of shells through it. It feeds well without any problems. It would have been nice if there were larger capacity magazines available...
  2. CrackerKen

Ever fire a 12 gauge indoors, without hearing protection?

Re: Ever fire a 12 gauge indoors, without hearing protection I believe that firing a 12ga inside a room, even one shot would certainly cause some degree of permanent hearing loss. It might be a small degree, but probably evident in a hearing test. Also, the noise may only effect a certain...
  3. CrackerKen

Question about Sling Mount Stud, 590A1

Not a problem Snowman. Thanks. All I have is a front bead sight. It doesn't require much adjustment. :mrgreen: I'm also retired LEO, but I've been out 20 years now. I just did my up to date 218 qualification last week.
  4. CrackerKen

Snowman - Here's a link to the case I bought: http://www.casesandmore.com/asp/show_de ... 387&init=1 If you happen to order one of these, be sure to get the 42" size. That will fit it well. I am quite satisfied with this case. Check out the reviews on that web page. I'd easily buy one again.
  5. CrackerKen

Recoil Pad options for 590?

^^^ +1. I've had rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder 2x. Still gets sore from time to time. Shooting with the Limbsaver didn't cause me any problems at all. It works as advertised and is relatively economical.
  6. CrackerKen

Sparky - Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. The sling is: Allen Company Quick Adjusting 1 1/4-Inch Web Rifle Sling with Sling Swivels Installed Sold by: The Sportsman's Guide, Inc. http://www.amazon.com/Allen-Company-Adj ... 393&sr=1-5 I really like the mag tube cap with the...
  7. CrackerKen

Range Bags and Carry Cases

I renewed my NRA membership and got the range bag. I do the Internet version of the magazine. It's not a bad little bag. It's not huge. It's big enough for a pistol, a few boxes of ammo, eyes and ears. I like it. I'm certainly not a new member. I haven't received my mail with the usual car...
  8. CrackerKen

Recoil Pad options for 590?

You should be able to find one designated for a 500 - That works for the 590A1 too. I did it. It works. I looked it up - Model 10201. Here it is at Wally World: http://www.walmart.com/ip/LimbSaver-Pre ... gMethod=rr I ordered it through that web site and had it shipped to the store 1/2...
  9. CrackerKen

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo threa Lots of nice field artillery posted here. The zombies don't have the slightest chance. :mrgreen: I finally finished up doing the mods I wanted to my M590A1. This is exactly the way I want it. Add ons: - Limbsaver...
  10. CrackerKen

OK.....Here are the pics: I finally got around to shooting this at the range last Saturday. I love it! Nice. I did some patterning with 3 flavors of 00, and some Winchester PDX1 buck and slug. As soon as I get a chance to take pics of my targets, I'll post them. They basically all...
  11. CrackerKen

Someone here mentioned getting a mag cap with a swivel stud in it. I bought one. Nice. Great investment. Not too expensive. It fits perfectly, very well made, and it works. The swivel moves, instead of being tight and stationary like the one that comes with the gun...
  12. CrackerKen

Mossberg Model 185D, 20 Gauge

Nice find. Not many of those left out there in the world, it would seem. I have the 185KA model. Check it out here: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2779
  13. CrackerKen

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

Re: Tritium replacement for 3 Dot sights? ^^ Noted and thanks. I'll probably just stick with the night sight replacement for the bead. Mine is a 5 shot. If something for the receiver area doesn't exist, there's certainly room for invention. :-) What I was thinking about, is something like a...
  14. CrackerKen

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

Re: Tritium replacement for 3 Dot sights? I've been thinking about putting one of the Meprolight or Trijicon screw-in tritium sights on my 590A1. It only has a front bead at this time. If I were to put the night sight on the front, does anyone know of a 2 dot night sight that would go on the...
  15. CrackerKen

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Springs

Re: Mag tub cap with swivel stud attachment? These caps for the 590 aren't easy to find. I ordered from Optics Planet, and it's on backorder for 5 to 10 days. Everywhere I've looked, these are out of stock or on backorder. Must be kind of popular. Hopefully my order will go through in a week...
  16. CrackerKen

Just purchased first shotgun - 590A1

I had to order the WinLite from Cabella's. 4 boxes for about $21 delivered. I found Remington Managed Recoil 2 3/4 00 at BassPro yesterday. They had plenty of it, but I couldn't find it on-line at BassPro. I grabbed a couple of boxes of it while I was over there (50 miles away from here). I...
  17. CrackerKen

best low budget buckshot?

Regarding the Rio Royal shells - They aren't crimped, so that may make a difference when trying to reload them. They have a thin clear plastic disk on the end, under a lip.
  18. CrackerKen

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Springs

Re: Mag tub cap with swivel stud attachment? I just ordered one of those mag caps with the swivel on it. I looked at them at BassPro yesterday, but they were out of the type for Mossberg.
  19. CrackerKen

Range Bags and Carry Cases

I just bought one of these for my M590A1, 18.5 model: http://www.casesandmore.com/NcSTAR-CV29 ... 334884F587 I only paid $12 for it. I got the 42" size, which is perfect for the 18.5 with standard stock. As the reviews say, the cases run about 2" short on the inside due to the way it's built...
  20. CrackerKen

What do you carry on a daily basis?

I don't have pics of everything, but... Depending on the day of the week, what I'm doing, or what I'm wearing: Glock 23, .40S&W Glock 27, .40S&W S&W 642, .38+P KelTec P3AT, .380 Most of the time I use Remora holsters for the .40's, a High Noon Bare Asset for the 642, and a Desantis Nemisis...
Back