• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. D

Novice needs accessory advice for home defense

Sorry, I did not know this separate member was referring to the same items you talked about.
  2. D

Do you have a link to these items? Sorry, I don't know what TLR or what clamp your referring to. Thanks for your patience with me.. I have been spending hours searching..lol
  3. D

Do you think it would fit the 20? I could just wrap some electrical tape around the mag to increase the diameter a bit and double as protection against scratching it up?
  4. D

Thanks Lazy Eye, thats the ONE that came back in my search results. I'm considering it, but I would have to buy: 1 - That forend 2 - Tube assembly 3 - Rails to attach to it, just comes drilled 4 - Handle, since it doesnt look comfy, especially if you put a rail on the bottom. 5- Finally, my...
  5. D

I just got off the phone with a Walter at ATIgunstocks, amazing customer service there. He told me the 12 and 20 ga magazine tubes are different diameter and even with a tube assembly the forend won't fit on the 20 ga. I also spoke with someone at surefire and got the same news. I need to...
  6. D

From reading around the web it sounds like the Moss 500 being sold at Big5, where I bought mine, is a cheaper model that has a "Maverick88" forarm. I'm not happy, I thought I bought a Mossberg 500, but it appears I have some gimmicky model. Anyway, How do I know the right size tube...
  7. D

Hey fellas. My Mossberg seems to be different from most of the ones these vendors are selling products for. When I was looking at the images for the forend replacement, none of them have rails. Mine has the metal rails attached to the plastic slide. See picture attached, I thought I read...
  8. D

Thanks for all the links and great information everyone. I will certainly give that person a call and get more info on their products. Just from the photos I might be leaning toward a forend with the mounts on it that ripjack shared. My thinking is that the mount on the magazine would be...
  9. D

Should I "clear" my house?

If you take a defensive position in the house while waiting for the police to arrive, how do you know its REALLY the police when that bedroom door opens? I'm sure they are not going to respond well to a Mossberg being pointed at them when they open the bedroom door. I suppose dispatch tells...
  10. D

Thank you , Kodiak. I will be looking into those products ASAP. What do you recommend for ammunition? Sadly, all I had was sport rounds.
  11. D

Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully provide some advice. I have a mossberg 500 20 ga that I purchased for home defense about a year ago. I opted for the 20 ga because it's currently the only weapon in the home and I wanted my wife to be able to handle it...
Back