• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. MikeD

Hunting 2022

Shot a doe last night just before dark with the crossbow. Swhacked her at 40 yards. She ran maybe 30 yards. Complete pass through and embedded into a old log breaking the end of my arrow. Sorry didn't get any pics, it was dark by the time I recovered her and she's already in the cooler...
  2. MikeD

Converting a gas generator to run in propane

I decided that I wanted to convert my gasoline generatir dual fuel. I.e. convert it to also run on propane. I researched several options fom DIY to very expensive kits I ended up opting for a mid range kit. I was not the cheapest option but I wanted something safe and wanted to make sure all...
  3. MikeD

Man makes $21k selling 3D printed guns in NY gun buyback

https://www.foxnews.com/us/man-makes-21000-selling-3d-printed-guns-ny-ag-gun-buyback-program I hate gun buybacks but this guy was thinking outside the box
  4. MikeD

Rifled slug barrel

Finally got my slug barrel set up on my 930. I got this barrel in trade from another forum member some time back. Got it on paper. I was shooting rifled slugs because I cant afford the current price if sabot slugs. I could hit a 4' x4' piece af cardboard at 100 yards most of the time but...
  5. MikeD

Pure Talk wireless?

Anyone here use Pure Talk? Rates look good but bandwidth is often an issue with carriers that piggyback into other carriers network.
  6. MikeD

$160 semi auto!!!!

Just orderred a Pardus SS semi auto. Could not pass it up for $160. Going to make for an interesting project gun. I haven't frankensteined anything in a while. LOL Will post more info when I get it already have a few things I want to do to it (max extension, etc) but will need to check...
  7. MikeD

Maverick SGA upgrade

I upgraded the hardware in my Maverick to Magpul SGA hardware. Before. Had to grink outt the forend to fit the short slude action I had and mate ut with the Hogue extended nut. After a little fitting it all went together well. The stock is heavy and low. Great for the bead but hard...
  8. MikeD

Hunting 2021

Seeing all the coyote kill threads and wondering if anyone else is hunting? I made it out for deer/turkey the first time a week ago. Saw a turkey but did not get a shot. I was lucky enough to take a doe. Got her with my crossbow with a Swhacker 125gr 2.25" broadhead. These broadheads work...
  9. MikeD

2021 MI Turkey

Got set up 30 min prior to shooting hours (05:48). I am hunting from my deer blind that is also a great place for turkeys. The amount of area I am allowed to hunt in this farm does not allow me to run and gun. By 0530 the tom was gobblng like crazy from the roost, whick turned out to be about...
  10. MikeD

Amid gun control debate, federal court rules states may restrict open carry of weapons

https://www-latimes-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2021-03-24/9th-circuit-appeals-court-panel-rules-states-may-restrict-open-carry-guns?_amp=true&amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a6&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16166280622786&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.g...
  11. MikeD

Shockwaves @ Buds

Wont last long no matter the price.
  12. MikeD

Single shots

I started hunting with a Winchester 34A Youth Model 20g. I've accumulated several higher capacity guns over the years but still enjoy the effectiveness and simplicity of a single shot firearm. They will definitely make you a better marksman. Knowing you only have one shot makes you focus a...
  13. MikeD

Impeachment!?!?

Are you freaking kidding me? With 5 days left!!!!!! Are they so scared he will run again, and win? This is the most petty, vindictive BS they have done to date. Its not enough to win they must still destroy their enemy and stomp them into the ground. Take note this is how its going to be...
  14. MikeD

New antler knife

Made this for my nephew. Made one for everyone in my family that hunts and several for charity auctions.
  15. MikeD

Alone Series?

Anyone watch Alone on the History channel? Basically 10 people are dropped in remote areas, alone, and have to survive as long as they can. The last one to tap out, via provided sat phone for emergency evacuation,wins the season but none of them know where or how many others are still out...
  16. MikeD

Savage 10

I picked up a used but like new Savage 10 in 308 the end of last year. I finally got her some optics and got some shooting in. The scope is Primary Arms 4-14 ffp calibrated for 308. Have some issues with the lead sled so i was only getting around 2" groups at 100 but she has potential. The...
  17. MikeD

New 935 Turkey!!!

I was accused of not posting pics of my new Turkey gun so here goes: It was a birthday present (via gift cards to the LGS) last Dec from my wife. I thought I had posted a pic somewhere but better late then never. Its a dream to shoot compared to my 835. I will not kick out low brass in...
  18. MikeD

Hunting 2020

OK here goes the official 2020 hunting thread!! COVID or not Turkey season is upon us!!! My season starts on Saturday. Got the new 935 out today for some last minute patterning. Here is my 40 yard pattern using 3.5" Longbeard XL and Indian Creek choke. It patterned a little better then...
  19. MikeD

How is everyone surviving the pandemic?

Please do not turn this thread into a social/political debate, that can be another thread. Just curious how everyone is doing and spending their time. After being out of work for a week and a half I pretty much feel like this: I though I would get more done around the house but realized I...
  20. MikeD

Woo Hooo!! New toy!!!

Been quite a while since a brought a new toy home. My wife gave me a gift card to the LGS which resulted in a new Mossberg. It's something I've been wanting for a very long time. I've came very close to buying one on multiple occasions. I had money and it was on the sale rack! Win...
Back