• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. J

My 4X4 .338 Win Mag

Re: My 4X4 .388 Win Mag and my next 4x4 I have the 4x4 338 in marinecote with the synthetic stock. I have the same scope as you and the same game reaper mount except in silver. It's solid. I also bought the same scope and mount for my 270. They were easy to install and solid as a rock. I think...
  2. J

My Mossberg 4x4 Bolt Action Build...

I ordered the sling swivel stud (4 of them) from combattactical.com. They came with out the nut. When I contacted them they (Mirelle) said they don't have nuts anymore and that they would be ordering the nuts separately for me and send them ASAP. It's been 2 months and they still havent sent me...
  3. J

.338 mossberg 4x4

Not yet. Hopefully in a couple of months from now.
  4. J

.338 mossberg 4x4

I have finally had a chance to shoot my 4x4 338 and the recoil is about as much as my 270. It is very tolerable. It is also very accurate. Our range goes to 100yds and my grouping was within 1 inch. A few of the shots stacked up on each other. I have a Nikon Buckmaster BDC which I like a lot. I...
  5. J

New 4x4 338

I still haven't shot mine yet. I ordered DNZ med. mounts. (one piece). It should arrive this week some time. I also will be mounting the Nikon BDC scope. It'll be a few more weeks until I get to shoot it. I'll let you know how it goes.
  6. J

338 win mag stock?

I think that epoxy is put there on purpose to give that area extra strength.
  7. J

.338 mossberg 4x4

I have just purchased the .338, but have not shot it yet. I am still in the process of mounting my scope. I have a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40. As soon as I am finished I will get back to you. Aloha
  8. J

New 4x4 338

Thanks Everyone!
  9. J

New 4x4 338

Thanks again, that makes it easy to understand. I appreciate all of your help.
  10. J

New 4x4 338

Thanks for the welcome and quick reply. I guess you figured it out that I meant 2 piece mounts. I'm looking at the Burris Signature Zee Rings. Thanks
  11. J

New 4x4 338

Hi everyone. I just purchased a new 4x4 338, and a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5x14 scope. The rifle already has 2 piece weaver style mounts attached. I need help in selecting the proper ring heights (ie: low, med or hi). And also any suggestions for the rings that you would use. Thanks in advance. Alex
Back