• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Tom Szczepaniak

Mossberg Model 479

I'm done with this POS. New pin still causing light strikes (4 out of 12 rounds). Not a primer problem, same primers work fine in other rifles. I've stripped the bolt, cleaned and polished everything to no avail. Hammer spring is fine. All misfires take a second strike before firing. Yes...
  2. Tom Szczepaniak

Mossberg Model 479

No, 479 hasn't been produced for quite a while but new to me.
  3. Tom Szczepaniak

Mossberg Model 479

New pin appears to have solved the light strike problem........so far.
  4. Tom Szczepaniak

Mossberg Model 479

Still light primer strikes and I think I've narrowed it down to a slightly bent FP. Have another coming from Jack First.
  5. Tom Szczepaniak

Ammo available in your area.

Here in central Georgia, 9mm, 5.56 is in pretty good supply but just about all other pistol and rifle calibers are hit or miss. Saw a box of 30-30 at the LGS going for $46.
  6. Tom Szczepaniak

Mossberg Model 479

Been away for a while. Had eye surgery a few days ago and now my old I-7s phone has taken a dump. Prior to surgery, I started getting light primer strikes. So far it's happened with Winchester LRPs, Fed 210s and BR-2s. I removed the idiotic crossbolt safety and they still occur. Some rounds...
  7. Tom Szczepaniak

Mossberg and the Miltary

I was issued a Winchester Model 12 Riot Gun for guard duty at Phan Rang AB in 66. The buckshot shells were full brass cases and the box showed a manufacture date of 1943.
  8. Tom Szczepaniak

Mossberg Model 479

I have no way to post pics but can send some "Text" via my I-Phone. Looks just like a 336 clone. Shot it this morning and with a 150 grain JRN hand load and H332/35.1 grains. Velocity averaged 2223 fps with a 3 shot group of 1.071" at 75 yards and the worst group being 2.124". I tried some...
  9. Tom Szczepaniak

Mossberg Model 479

Just picked one up. Can't find much information on them? Rifle looks good, better than the Remington built Remlin 336s. I like the Ballard type rifling too rather than "Microgroove". I have yet to shoot it but heading to the range this morning with some handloads. Gun shop I got the rifle...
  10. Tom Szczepaniak

Krylon, or Hi-Temp Grill Paint, or coated w/RIG?

Birchwood Casey "Barricade" is an excellent rust fighter. I use it on and in my black powder rifles and never have to worry about rust.
  11. Tom Szczepaniak

Picatinney rail for Patriot Bantam

A beautiful rack on the elk!!:)
  12. Tom Szczepaniak

new member with a new patriot story

I'll bet hand loads would tighten up groups even more!
Back