• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. S

talo deluxe edition

I do like the looks of that. It tempts me to hunt some wood furniture of my 930 JMPro.
  2. S

Sling Recommendation?

Good deal Nelson, I'm glad to have helped.
  3. S

hard loading

No, just a farm girl who grew up milking cows and understands any mechanical device may require a little effort to master.
  4. S

hard loading

My wife accomplishes this just fine.
  5. S

Sling Recommendation?

I've got a 22" JMPro with what is obviously an OEM Nordic +4 and barrel clamp. I discovered that extra hole in my barrel clamp is threaded and it happily accepts the front, machine threaded swivel of the Swivel & Stud kits you can buy at WalMart. It makes a handy mounting point for standard QD...
  6. S

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Agreed on all counts. We've got two 930s and neither of their bolt releases have pushed themselves. There's a learning curve for everything mechanical.
  7. S

Looks like time for a 940 section

That's pretty much my take on it too. After a little tweaking on the JM, both our 930s are flawless with anything--including Universal--and I'm not ditching them for the blinged-up version. Dedicated three-gunners will likely try it and I'm looking forward to some end-user reports, all the same.
  8. S

Another 22" JM Pro cooking together

Did yours run OK out of the box? My 22" IM was kind of a QC train-wreck and took some work to make it reliable.
  9. S

New JM Pro 22", Initial Test Drive

I contacted Mossberg customer service about having to basically rebuild their brand new JM Pro. Suffice it to say I am no longer recommending the Mossberg 930 Autoloading Shotgun.
  10. S

Thanks for the kind comments. I picked a can of PB Blaster Dry Lube W/Teflon, scrubbed the magazine tubes of both our 930s and coated them with the stuff. It dries in seconds and leaves the surface looking sorta like a white powdered donut. I am new to this 'dry lube' thing; we'll see how it...
  11. S

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

22" Mossberg 930 JM Pro, serial number AF0061XXX Packaged Date 09/23/19.
  12. S

I'm not a competitive shooter don't want to be one. Long-tube auto shotguns are a hoot to shoot, whether you’re a three-gunner or not. Actually I selected the 22” JM Pro with the intention of removing the magazine extension and restoring it to field length, during hunting seasons. I had a...
  13. S

930 All Purpose Field Gas Woes

Arrowshooter: I had much the same problems with a new 22" JM Pro, yesterday. Burrs on the recoil spring, plunger and unfinished edges on the chamber were the culprits. The chamber was not slick and I polished that out to 1000 grit and will finish it to 2000, next time the barrel is off. Runs...
  14. S

I picked up a new 22" JM Pro today. Mag extension nut was loose, recoil pad was loose, barrel clamp was loose. Action was sluggish returning to battery, compared to our 930 Field/Security Combo. So I fixed the loose stuff on the JM and hoped the sluggishness might iron itself out. It's been...
  15. S

New Mossberg 930 Field/Security Combo

Thanks Elbert. Picked up a 22" JM Pro today and will post up a quick initial report.
  16. S

New Mossberg 930 Field/Security Combo

Figured I better give you guys a 'three year update'. Photobucket and I have parted company. Photos are now at http://www.thesixgunjournal.net/the-mossberg-930-fieldsecurity-combo/ By my calculation this shotgun has about 900 trouble-free shells through it, the lion's share of those being...
Back