• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. B

Is there an acceptable misfire % for the 500?

Yes just like the one on the left. can you elaborate on these problems?
  2. B

Replacement hammer springs?

hi. I swapped out the stock plastic trigger on my 500 for the metal version that is on the 590a1. This trigger group actually has two springs (small spring inside big spring). I'd like to have some spares. My original hammer spring was weak and causing misfires. Now I'm paranoid and would...
  3. B

Point of interest.... the hammer spring in the metal trigger is actually two springs! A smaller spring inside the larger spring. Pretty impressive.
  4. B

Ok time for an update. I swapped out the stock trigger group for the all metal version, so essentially I replaced the hammer spring. It is noticeably "stiffer" when I rack the slide. I am happy to report that I fired off 60 rounds of buckshot, various brands, and 20 slugs. Not a single...
  5. B

Best "all around" Bullet 308

The barrel has a 1:10 twist. I've looked at several manuals. I just don't know where to start or what weight I need for a bullet. Or does it even matter with a 308 is the accuracy more important than the weight? And by accuracy I'm not talking benchrest accuracy. I just need to hit an 8" gong...
  6. B

Are you sure it was caddmann? I looked at his profile and couldn't find any threads he posted on load development
  7. B

I don't,want to sound like an idiot. I know what to do and how to do it I.e clean brass, resize, trim, reprime, charge, set and shoot. However I don't know what to do and how to do it. I.e start with the lowest charge, and then what? Keep trying higher loads until signs of too much pressure...
  8. B

Ok, so what do I need,then? Wolves, black bears (protection) and,deer/elk hunting? I've shot 150 and 180 grain bullets. Both were fine. I don't need national benchrest accuracy, I just need to,hit an 8" circle out to 200 yards. So, your saying try everything, 150- 180 grains from many...
  9. B

Yes I realize ultimately what the gun shoots best is what matters. I guess I should have worded the question better. Or perhaps what your saying is that ANY bullet that the 308 can shoot, will do,what I need it to do so long as the gun shoots it well? I keep reading "you need this for bear...
  10. B

I,forgot,to add a 200 yard maximum shot, and realistically not much more than 100 yards or so.
  11. B

Sure, I know each situation has its own bullet that's "the best", but my 308 is my scout rifle, and as such it's not meant to be the best at everything but reasonably good at most things. I'm looking for a bullet choice that will let me hunt, deer, possibly elk, and also protect from wolves...
Back