• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. F

SBE Precision Products Pistons are Back in Stock!!

You use the outer ring from your old piston.
  2. F

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Honestly, mine will do the same thing. As OR3GUN said, it's a "quick unload" feature. You're supposed to hold the gate up before you push the bolt release button. This was so you didn't have to cycle the bolt over and over to unload it. It tells you how to do it in the manual. I've had mine for...
  3. F

low recoil rounds in a 930

Although I bought my parts piecemeal, OR3GUN has package deals for decent prices. They even carry the SBE pistons. I think the biggest difference came from replacing the recoil spring retainer.
  4. F

low recoil rounds in a 930

I installed an SBE stainless steel piston, OR3GUN marine spacer tube, follower, plunger, and recoil spring retainer. The spring retainer has 2 settings, one is OE, and the other takes 20% of tension off the recoil spring, allowing for lighter loads. It runs like a dream now, down to 1100 fps.
  5. F

930 Tactical HD: GTG?

I just purchased the competition combo for my SPX. Mine didn't come with a barrel clamp. Is this something that's really necessary?
  6. F

Had My First FTE With My New 930 SPX

Probably more than 500. Closer to 1000 rnds. I bought it as a used gun. Not very old when I bought it I think. I sent it back to Mossberg once and they replaced the gas system components. I'm looking at your spacer, follower, stock retainer kit for it. I also have trouble getting more than 5...
  7. F

Had My First FTE With My New 930 SPX

My stone stock SPX won't cycle reliably with anything much under 1400 fps.
  8. F

930 SPX

Several months ago, I was at a 100 yd. to zero my AR's sight. When I was done with that, I picked up my SPX, loaded it with slugs and found it wonderfully accurate out to the 100 yd. mark. Nice to know it will reach out that far.
  9. F

Ammo

I'm thinking that your barrel is longer than mine (18.5") so you probably have more gas to actuate the bolt. I think I'm getting short cycles with under-powered ammo. Buckshot and slugs run fine. It's when I get to the lighter target loads that things go south. I've found some heavy clay bird...
  10. F

Ammo

Thanks for the info. I know I'll be talking to you in the future. Right now I'm trying to get an AR 15 up to speed. I'm on SS, so money is always tight. I know I'll need the spacer, mag spring, and follower. We can talk about other stuff after that. Thanks again.
  11. F

Ammo

Back