• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Shawn.54

First group with .375

Well after a more than a year I would like to report that my 375 made meat for me. It was not a 20 yard stalk on a Cape buffalo but a 427 yard shot on a whitetail doe who run into a large open field and stopped in the middle. I use a GS Customs 200 gr hv bullet that leaves the barrel at...
  2. Shawn.54

new member with a new patriot story

The light weight was a little too light for the 375 it wasn’t painful but it was a handful off the bench so I built a weight for in the stock. Now it is about 9 pounds and much kinder to shoot. It screws into old butt pad holes an I put a Limbsaver slip on pad over it. Shawn
  3. Shawn.54

Mine is the plastic stock after searching for the 375 for more than a year I took the first one I could get. It is even the marinecote version that I really didn’t want. That being said I figured I would just replace the stock with a Boyd’s and get over the silver color. Well after shooting it...
  4. Shawn.54

What calibers do you shoot?

The one I have is pretty good but the two best are the 35 Whelen in a Remington 700 and the Patriot in 375 Ruger. Both will print 1 hole if I can hold them still. Shawn
  5. Shawn.54

What calibers do you shoot?

22LR 223 30-30 22-250 7mm-08 30-06 35 Whelen 375 Ruger 404 Jeffery .50 flintlock .54 flintlock 357/38 40 S&W And a 2.78” black powder mortar.
  6. Shawn.54

New Patriot in .308

I put a Crossfire II 2-7x32 on my 375 Ruger and so far so good about a 100 rounds out of it with no trouble I did replace factory bases because I put a cheap set of rings on that the recoil destroyed changed to Talley lightweights and rezeroed it has been on ever since. The Vortex scopes and...
  7. Shawn.54

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum and enjoy a great rifle that doesn’t break the bank. I have the Patriot in 375 Ruger and love it, this rifle can print on paper well beyond my ability. The only thing I have noticed is my rifle likes a dirty bore I can’t get a good group right after a cleaning...
  8. Shawn.54

Scope bases for patriot

Have been away from this site awhile working on another rifle project that is consuming most of my time. I love the Talley’s light weights my scope is almost to short but it works great. The 375 was zeroed once and has not been touched since. Shawn
  9. Shawn.54

Mossberg Patriot 375 Ruger got me started.

It worked now I'll try to post pics of my DIY safety. Tells me file to large. Shawn
  10. Shawn.54

If this works it's the video of me cycling the action with 3 dummy rounds. Shawn
  11. Shawn.54

I have had my Mossberg Patriot in 375 Ruger less than a year and it got me started now I have the big bore bug. So as I looked around my shop I remembered a Mauser 98 action I picked up 18 or so years ago. For starters I thought 416 Ruger but I left some people on another forum talk me into a...
  12. Shawn.54

Scope Ring Heighth?

I put talley light weight on my 375 Ruger had medium on at first bolt handle just cleared. I put a set of see thrus on just to check how it felt and ended up ordering high set because it was a match for me perfect sight pitcher.
  13. Shawn.54

New to Mossberg--Bought a Patriot 375 ruger

I have the 375 also thought I was the only one on this site. Welcome. I don't know what you want to spend on bullets but I have great accuracy with GS Custom 200hv they are a monolithic pure copper bullet moving at 3213fps and giving me sub moa with a few groups that would fit under a dime. And...
  14. Shawn.54

NEW PATRIOT

I don't remember where I saw it maybe here but it was a warning not to over tighten screws. My 375 Ruger has no trouble so I think the 308 should be fine
Back