• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Y

Mossberg 500/persuader retro safety issue (...with Pics: Plastic vs. Metal)

Hi Ernst, I took some pics today swapping out the plastic safety. It turned out great, but have some questions for you. Here's the safety lever I bought from Numrich/Gun Parts Corp. with the flat head safety screw: Did Mossberg use a safety screw like this at some point? Numrich says it's...
  2. Y

Folks, the steel safety lever/button I ordered from gunparts corp cleared Canadian customs after 15 business days...*sigh! I also ordered slotted safety button screw. Now my question is, since underneath the safety lever already has indent/holes (sample pic)... Do I still need to install the...
  3. Y

I still dig that metal trigger group. I regret not getting it from brownells many years ago when they still selling it were just like ~$100. Now mossberg doesn't sell them anymore due to liability that may arise as they claim it's not a drop in part as a 'smith would have to check and adjust as...
  4. Y

I really didn't notice the safety detent plate under the lever. As on my other 2 mossy, the plate came off the lever upon removal. I'm still waiting for numrich's steel lever, hence I put back the plastic lever for now. I think the issue was the lever and block was really tight when they put on...
  5. Y

EDIT: The safety detent plate was stucked underneath the lever, held in by the screw. I stand corrected on this. Safety is all good now. I lubed the channel between the safety lever and block.
  6. Y

Before removing the safety screw, I noticed there is some grime on where it screws in, so I assume it's thread locker so just to be sure, I dabbed it with kroil. So I used the masking tape method and the screw did turn loose with a bit of hesitation initially breaking loose that locker. I'm...
  7. Y

So I detailed strip this today, disassembled the safety and found out the real issue. There was no safety detent plate. Instead of buying it will send an email to mossberg if they would send me one...
  8. Y

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

my new 500/persuader retro. Chose this one with the wood pattern on forend over a plain satin one, although safety lever woudn't move at all that I will need to fix and change to a new metal lever.
  9. Y

glad you successfully removed your stock safety 6MT. Is that the 590 retro? Also with the masking tape trick, could I wrap it to tip of flat head screw driver instead of the screw?
  10. Y

By the way, I tried to google the johnson paste wax and it seems it's not widely available in local stores here in Canada.
  11. Y

much appreciated Ernst on the advices above. Any tip on removing the tamper proof safety screw?
  12. Y

Hey folks, I just got one as I couldn't resist a classic with blued finish and walnut furnitures. When I got this one, the elevator tabs are off its receiver holes. This has been addressed now, but the safety is stucked at the the on position all the way to the back. I can't move it forward even...
  13. Y

New Mossberg 590S: Takes Mini up to 3" shells interchangeably...

are the rubber bumper on these fixed inside the receiver?
  14. Y

590A1 hammer spring

So I finally had it assembled. Been while since I did detail strip of other firearms and this is my first one for a shotgun. Stupid me, as the hammer has a tendency to lock at the sear fully rearward without spring yet. So I installed the spring with the hammer forward, just the same as when I...
  15. Y

590A1 hammer spring

folks, happy new year! I'm having a bit of an issue here. I had detailed strip the trigger assembly for detailed cleaning. I'm just having a hard time putting back the hammer spring. I noticed for the A1, it has 2 springs. There's a 2nd small one meshed inside the other larger diameter spring...
  16. Y

590A1 chambering issue

So I used 1000~1500 grit sandpaper to deburr/smoothen both inside arms of the elevator. Upon disassembly, it tried to check if the round would slide freely but noooopee it didn't: After deburring: I had an old elevator that mossberg replaced due to cracked elevator tabs/posts here...
  17. Y

590A1 chambering issue

I have used light target loads on winchester and slugs on S&B and Winchester too. These are the only 2 brands I have shot with.
  18. Y

590A1 chambering issue

So upon further inspection, I dropped a 12g round into the ejection port in the elevator/lifter. When I slide the round by hand forward and background, there is a bit resistance. So that is from the inside part of the lifter in contact with the edge of the brass. When I do this with the snap...
  19. Y

590A1 chambering issue

No side saddle installed.
  20. Y

590A1 chambering issue

The tab on the lifter doesn't catch the front edge of the shell.
Back