• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Rob Stewart

Damn Safety Sear!!! (And my own fault probably)

I was out deer hunting and FINALLY had a buck in my sights. I eased off the safety and line him up, 15 yards away from where I was hiding behind a tree. I tried to squeeze the trigger and NOTHING. I cycled the safety and tried again and NOTHING. He of course figured out I was there and...
  2. Rob Stewart

Maverick HS-12 For Hunting and Survival

Interesting! I'm not as concerned about looks as I am about accuracy. I set up my gun for turkey with the top being my first shot because I was sighting of a red-dot but I never thought to try your setup. I have a question for you... when using the iron sights, what's your sight picture look...
  3. Rob Stewart

> With modern smokeless powders, you don't really gain any accuracy or velocity with a longer barrel than you do a short one. Most all commercial powders are fully burned out by about 12-15 inches down the barrel, so longer barrels don't really gain anything. Yep. I did a lot of research on...
  4. Rob Stewart

> I like Over/Unders too, but those are the shortest barrels that I have seen and I much prefer them to the 28 I tried hunting with my wife's mossberg 500 but the barrel length was pissing me off. I'm sure it's much better as a field gun for duck hunting etc. I even tried finding a short...
  5. Rob Stewart

Thanks. She's my favorite shotgun. My wife has a Mossberg 500 but honestly, I love the over under format. One thing I like about a break action is that it's easy for my to demonstrate that it's safe and clear which is useful when hunting with others or on public land where I often run into...
  6. Rob Stewart

I finally got around to posting some pictures. Scroll down to see current config. http://imgur.com/a/I9QoT
  7. Rob Stewart

HS12 bag tip

I thought I'd share, my HS12 fits perfectly in my 10/22 takedown bag (The original style that has two zipper pockets and molle). Not only that but it will fit in there WITH my 10/22!!!!
  8. Rob Stewart

Maverick O/U Home Security 12g Shotgun HS12

Depends on the version. The one at Cabela's (Canada) does but it's a cylinder bore. The one I bought does NOT but it has choke tubes.
  9. Rob Stewart

Maverick O/U Home Security 12g Shotgun HS12

I did some testing with mine (dry fire of course!) and the lock is more like 70% in mine. In other words, IF I had to shoot an intruder from the top of my stairs, no problem. At the same time, being such a short barrel, when I'm busting through the bush hunting it's a nice extra safety to not...
  10. Rob Stewart

Ah.. I've been using it for a few months and I'm pretty happy with it. I just put a red dot on it and a turkey choke in to get ready for next month. Heading out to the range today to pattern it.
  11. Rob Stewart

LOL Cool... satisfy my curiosity.. what was it? :-)
  12. Rob Stewart

Maverick O/U Troubleshooting

This may sound like a dumb question but I'm not sure what the sight picture is supposed to be. Am I supposed to bury the front post all the way down to the bottom of the rear so it's sitting on the bottom of the groove OR should it be lined up with the top of the rail? Having it down low feels...
  13. Rob Stewart

Which things? ( Sorry for the delayed response. I didn't get a notification you replied)
Back