• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. DarkPassenger308

Military Arms Channel removed from Youtube

Plink is back. He hid all of his videos as a precaution while he appealed a strike on his channel. Looks like he's good to go...for now.
  2. DarkPassenger308

Military Arms Channel removed from Youtube

I woke up this morning to find 22Plinkster gone, too. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. DarkPassenger308

New SHOCKWAVE Questions...

What specific shells are you using? I've seen some pretty big variances over the years. Not all 2 3/4" shells are actually 2 3/4" long. A difference of just 1/8" per shell adds up by the time you try to load the 5th shell...
  4. DarkPassenger308

Which metal Mossberg 500 safety to buy?

Saw this thread was resurrected. For those of you that want to keep the original screw, try this fantastic trick as posted by Thinkworx. From the looks of it, not only will it allow you to remove and re-install easily, it will also keep you from scratching the black finish...
  5. DarkPassenger308

One-Way Safety Removal Video

Yep, it's a 6/32 x 3/8. Fastenal calls it a "low socket cap screw" https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/24479
  6. DarkPassenger308

Final thought: I didn't much like the feel of the button head under my thumb, so I used a low-profile screw that sits flush into the safety. Trouble was, Fastenall wouldn't sell me just one ($.05 each), so I had to buy a box of 100. I've been dropping them into the mail to any forum member...
  7. DarkPassenger308

I'm amazed and speechless

Yep, straight lands and grooves. And with that...poof. All interest evaporated and they made themselves into a meme. All the hype boiled down to an extremely expensive and inaccurate gun that can legally have a collapsible buttstock. I’ve already built my own non-NFA version via pistol buffer...
  8. DarkPassenger308

That masking tape trick looks really slick. Well done. This will be trending on the top 10 YouTube videos in no time. Haha.
  9. DarkPassenger308

Wood furniture for my 590A1

Nicely done. But, gawd, do I hate those child locks though! I kept mine for about 30 seconds before deciding I'd use something else. Did you re-shape the grip area of the buttstock? Might just be the photo, but it looks different than most.
  10. DarkPassenger308

New Shockwave

Yes we do. I just went on a similar drive into the mountains for our tree. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. DarkPassenger308

Effectronics © - Re: 4th Amendment

The EFF does really good work and I support them financially. I travel for work and cross international borders at least 10 times per year. I have the same background image on my phone. Rules go out the window when standing in a customs line. I guess I’m lucky, I’ve never been asked to...
  12. DarkPassenger308

Question Of The Month. (December 2017)(Changes To NICS)

I may be out of the majority here, but I don’t think it’s done much (measurable) good, so I think it should be repealed. Felons gonna felon. NICS hasn’t stopped them. And even when it has, the ratio of people getting charged with lying on the form is so close to zero that it’s almost...
  13. DarkPassenger308

Shockwave - new build

The unmodified Magpul will not fit without removing a decent amount of plastic via dremel tool, etc. GG&G’s will fit your shockwave if you order directly from them. They’re not doing anything official or fancy. Just doing the dremel work for you and, from what I’ve seen, done a fairly clean job...
  14. DarkPassenger308

Reason for A1 barrel thickness on the Shockwave

If I had to speculate, I’d guess that it has something to do with their supply of 14” heavy barrels when they decided to bring the gun to the retail market. I know they manufactured 14” heavy barrels for their SBS kits. Parkerized and ready to go. Probably had a lot of extra inventory already...
  15. DarkPassenger308

FINALLY FINISHED: Crafting wood furniture for a Mossberg 590 Shockwave

I'd love to see a photo of that, if it's not too much trouble. My wooden forend cracked the first time shooting it. Not a big deal to me, as others on this forum educated me to the fact that the thin wood above the mag tube wasn't even included in some of the 500 forend designs. I repaired the...
  16. DarkPassenger308

Beez SBS scabbard for a Shockwave

The backpack is made by Cannae. Model is the "Legion Day Pack". It's a great bag and have no complaints with it. The hydration pouch is separate from the main pouch, and as you pointed out, it's also the closest compartment to your spine. Worked out great as a scabbard because it keeps the...
  17. DarkPassenger308

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Hey Click. I thought this might be worth mentioning and could save you some headache. The MLOK was designed to be able to mount/unmount accessories without needing to have access to the backside. In other words, no need to disassemble your forend to move the rail to a different slot. This guy...
  18. DarkPassenger308

49'ers pledge 1/2 million to gun control groups

Ugh. I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that most of the players for the 49ers would love to own/shoot suppressors. Hypocrites gotta hypocrite. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. DarkPassenger308

pictures that make you lol

The Russian Dossier comic was beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
  20. DarkPassenger308

Cam pics

I caught a few skunks in live/humane traps back in the day. I caught 5 over the course of a single summer. Whole clan of them made a den under my chicken coop. I got a lot of of practice making 100yd shots with my .22 Savage rifle. 100 yards wasn’t nearly far enough away to suit my nose, but it...
Back