• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Patch700

Magpul SGA stock vs Original Mossberg stock (felt recoil)

If I remember correctly, the factory sga pad and therefore the sliding assembly as well is drilled differently than all other pads? I suppose with enough engineering one could make something work... Or you could just buy the adapter that magpul sells for I believe 10 bucks and this will allow...
  2. Patch700

Yes , the pad that Houge uses is very soft as well as deep and absorbs quite a bit. The SGA on the other hand leaves a bit to be desired in my opinion for extended shooting sessions. I myself have not yet got the magpul adapter and limbsaver pad but what I have done is essentially Swiss...
  3. Patch700

Sounds as though you may be in the market for the recoil pad adapter... it's not a lot of money and it allows you to use a limbsaver pad for the small Remington . Part#- MAG318 (the pad will be sold separately) https://www.magpul.com/products/hunter-sga-oem-butt-pad-adapter having both an SGA...
  4. Patch700

590A1 Hammer Spring Question

The extra resistance you are feeling is to be expected due to the "Cock on opening" design (heavier fp springs would definitely be a factor here) I would say that so long as once it is cocked you don't notice a huge difference as compared to your 500 you are fine. Case in point , if you removed...
  5. Patch700

Flashlight

I purchased this one from the good folks at LAPG. http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-operator-l2-flashlight.html It fits perfectly in 1" rings , I use a set of weaver 1" rings in conjunction with the magpul cantilever mount.. Very pleased with the quality of the light, the rings use the large...
  6. Patch700

Chokes for short bbl.

Next time I'm in town I will definitely try some of the flitecontrol stuff in 3" if possible , but will also try the 2-3/4". I'm kind of curious how much difference i will see , would really like to also use this combo for a backup rig while calling in coyotes , mainly utilizing a rifle but...
  7. Patch700

Chokes for short bbl.

Just a quick update , took the 20" out today to do some patterning with various loads including my go to load for buckshot. Keep in mind these are shotshells that have served me well in various other shotguns and are what i generally keep on hand around the farm.. I did not purchase other...
  8. Patch700

Choke Tube Threading

Nice job Mike! I think i would have went the same route you did if I had more barrels to do than just one. I haven't had time to shoot my 20" that I had threaded , I am thinking it will be nice to run certain buckshot through the IMP/CYL choke. And I agree that if a person had more than 2...
  9. Patch700

Chokes for short bbl.

That looks like a great option Mike. Do you happen to have a part# ? I've done a search on brownells and haven't found anything except the large blade type and that's not something i want for this setup.
  10. Patch700

Choke I.D.

A set of sockets.. Try getting a socket to drop through the choke , when it does then you measure that particular socket with your mic or even a set of calipers. Not perfect but it'll get you within a couple thousands and you should be able to figure it from there. Good luck.
  11. Patch700

Chokes for short bbl.

Lol no worries at all.. We actually do quite a bit of predatory control on the farm here and truth be told its mostly in the name of managing the upland and waterfowl on the property. Crows are an absolute menace on egg laying species as are the coyotes.. We just like to give the upland and...
  12. Patch700

Chokes for short bbl.

Within the boundaries of our own property we are allowed to hunt crows... There is no open season for them on public land however.
  13. Patch700

Chokes for short bbl.

Those numbers are exactly what my smith told me as well Mike so that is good news lol... This particular Bbl I mic'd and it came in at .857" so I opted for the winchoke tubes , also should I chose to do so I can run steel shot through it. And you are correct in that there is VERY little...
  14. Patch700

Chokes for short bbl.

Hey guys , just wanted to touch on a topic that was brought up regarding using your HD rig for other purposes such as predator control or winged varmint shooting etc. The obvious problem one occurs is the lack of spread pattern control with an 18-20" bbl with Cyl bore. One option is to try and...
  15. Patch700

Making my 590 more versatile for hunting

Thanks Mike! I actually just located a retired smith locally who does have the tooling and assorted bushings needed and said he will do it for less than 100 bucks (Cdn) if I supply the choke tubes... He said to bring the barrel over and he will see if it will work without going to a thinwall choke.
  16. Patch700

Making my 590 more versatile for hunting

I am currently in the process of deciding which way to go with this same scenario... I am considering having the 20" cyl bore bbl reamed & threaded for chokes. The cost of having this done is definitely a factor , as is the cost of the tooling from brownells should i chose to do it myself...
  17. Patch700

Single point mount on the cheap.

Hey guys , just wanted to drop a quick tip / mod that can be done essentially for free if you're like me and have various bits n pieces laying around. One of my HD rigs serves double duty on the farm such as varmint/predator control etc. In any event I found myself gravitating towards the use...
  18. Patch700

Single point mount on the cheap

Posted this in two other sub forums so hopefully someone finds this useful. Hey guys , just wanted to drop a quick tip / mod that can be done essentially for free if you're like me and have various bits n pieces laying around. One of my HD rigs serves double duty on the farm such as...
  19. Patch700

For the TacStar guys

Hey guys , just wanted to drop a quick tip / mod that can be done essentially for free if you're like me and have various bits n pieces laying around. One of my HD rigs serves double duty on the farm such as varmint/predator control etc. In any event I found myself gravitating towards the use...
  20. Patch700

Greetings from the frozen north

Lol , close.. Alberta Canada. A bit west and further north but basically same weather conditions lol.
Back