• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. F

How long did you wait for a 590 Shockwave?

I'm really impressed! The only thing I really don't care for is the front strap; as others have complained... the melted ends of the strap are sharp; I may swap out the forearm with a Magpul. Otherwise this is the best home defense weapon available for +/- $400
  2. F

Wow! Congratulations!!!! State government actually working FOR the people... what a unique concept! As an ultra-right conservative, the only two states I could ever live in would be Florida or Texas.
  3. F

Awesome! Great news for our Texas brothers and sisters! I'm not familiar with that bill. Did they change firearm definitions? Sure glad I got mine before all those Texans jump on the waiting list.
  4. F

Woot! I finally received my Bud's Shipping notification yesterday! I'll be picking it up from my FFL on Monday. I have a few cool accessories to put on it when it gets here. For those of you on Bud's waiting list.... My wait was a few days short of two months.
  5. F

I pulled the trigger on a 300 lumen TLR-1 S (strobe), since I really didn't see a need for a laser, and... I opted to go with the GG&G front sling/rail mount, so my light will be mounted at the muzzle. I also picked up a seven round Archangel Shell carrier too. So... Now all I need is my...
  6. F

Thanks for the vid Ghmann. Question for you all. I am definitely ordering a TLR2 laser/light for my shockwave. GG&G makes a front sling/light rail, so one could mount a light at the muzzle. Should I mount the TLR2 at the muzzle, or... since the receiver is drilled &tapped, should I mount it...
  7. F

Dang! Sorry to hear that Kadelic! I didn't know that Ohio law was questionable, but I did read the Tx law, and if I lived in Tx, I probably would have taken a pass on the Shockwave anyway. Its really not worth the risk, given the ambiguity in the stare statutes. Now that you've got bitten by the...
  8. F

Appreciate the info Bobster! I'm already (almost) a month thru my wait, so it should only be a week or two more before I get it- so I'll hold on canceling for now. My impatience got me into this situation, so I've kind of learned a lesson here. I sorta agree about Bud's maybe getting too big for...
  9. F

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

There are great people and great companies left in this world!!! Lefty was nice enough to offer me a Flannigan stock for free; he's a class act guy! Believe it or not, I didn't need it, because I called Mossberg and told them that the "great deal" 930 Field model I bought off of Gunbroker for...
  10. F

Well... I sort of understand... Bud's has had the shockwave on their website for quite some time. And many people, including me, weren't able to find other sources and wanted to secure their place in line. Bud's seemed like a safe bet, because according to their customer comments, they were at...
  11. F

I'm beginning to feel like I should have just waited and not reserved one on Bud's website. These are flowing freely into local gun shops in Florida, but now it would cost me 10% of the sale price if I decided to cancel with Bud's to buy locally. Honestly, I'm a little pissed at Bud's... I...
  12. F

Oh no! That's too bad! I've always thought of Texas as having some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country. I'm in Florida, so it appears as though it's ok to own one here.
  13. F

I emailed Buds to ask what the average wait time had been for the shockwave, but I didn't get a response. Good luck Kadelic; I hope you get yours soon and look forward to seeing picks.
  14. F

Thanks Bobster & Jmm14534- appreciate your input! Jmm14534, my "left brain" agrees with you, but my dang right brain has other ideas :)
  15. F

For weeks, I visited Budsguns.com and drooled over the new 590 Shockwave. Well... I finally pulled the trigger (no pun intended) a few days ago and entered my credit card info to get put on Bud's waiting list For those of you who've purchased one: Where did you buy it from, and... how long did...
  16. F

Yes sir; that would be awesome Lefty!
  17. F

A few weeks ago, I picked up a used 930 field model w/ a 28" VR for $250 plus $25 for shipping. I took it apart to clean & inspect it and there are no signs of appreciable wear. I've not shot it yet, but I'm really looking forward to see how it shoots. Unfortunately, when I inspected it, I found...
Back