• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. FLmossy

Which metal Mossberg 500 safety to buy?

I have this setup (promag safety with beat sight) on my 500 Mariner. No, the safety does not interfere with sight picture when looking directly down the barrel.
  2. FLmossy

Limbsaver for Hogue 14" stock?

I have a limbsaver (Airtech model) on my 500. https://limbsaver.com/products/airtech-slip-on-recoil-pad I have a 12" LOP Hogue stock, so had to get the medium sized limbsaver. The large size should work on a 14" stock.
  3. FLmossy

Trigger reach

Have a 500 Mariner with 12" Hogue LOP buttstock. Even with the shortened LOP, I still have issues getting a good grip on the trigger. My finger barely reaches. I realized the issue is not my LOP, but the distance between the grip and the trigger itself. Most shorter LOP buttstocks have the...
  4. FLmossy

Have you guys found quality 00 buckshot for less than this ?

Target Sports USA has Remington 00 for 69.95 for a 100-round box, plus there is a $25 rebate available. So the end results is $0.45 per round after rebate.
  5. FLmossy

Streamlight

Put a Streamlight TLR-1 HL on my VP9. 800 lumens is no joke.
  6. FLmossy

Have you guys found quality 00 buckshot for less than this ?

I put 25 rounds of this through my 500 Mariner today, along with 10 rounds of Winchester Super X 00 as a baseline comparison. My shottie is a 5+1, and I had no issues loading all 5 rounds in the magazine The S&B is listed at 1200 FPS vs 1325 for the Winchester. The Winchester definitely kicked...
  7. FLmossy

Houge 12lop stock?

I just put the 12" LOP Hogue stock on my 500 Mariner (model 50273, 18.5" 5+1). Encountered the same issue you did. I measured the original stock vs the Hogue, and found the Hogue is 2.5" shorter. Since your elbow acts like a lever, it has to go out farther to accommodate the shorter LOP...
  8. FLmossy

Hogue furniture on my 500 Mariner

I did not measure the overall length prior to swapping out the stock. Probably should have. But I did put the original and Hogue stocks side-by-side, there was about 2.5" difference between them. I posted a few pictures below (lined them up exactly, despite what the angle of the first picture...
  9. FLmossy

Hogue furniture on my 500 Mariner

Bought the 12" LOP stock + forend package off of Brownells (was about $10 cheaper than Hogue's website, and got free shipping and another discount when I added a few boxes of 00 buck to the order). Put it on today, took under an hour total to swap out both. Pictures posted for your viewing...
  10. FLmossy

Which metal Mossberg 500 safety to buy?

I put a ProMag PM262 on my 500. I believe it is aluminum. Very happy with the upgrade, took me about 10 minutes to swap out.
  11. FLmossy

Where do you guys buy your Ammo?

Update: based on the feedback from this post, I found a good deal on TargetSportsUSA.com. Federal LE 2.75" 12g 00 buckshot at $.60 per round. Federal has a "buy $50 get a $10 rebate" deal going. Thanks to everyone who posted.
  12. FLmossy

Bought a 500 Mariner

I wonder how the shiny finish compares to the matte version in terms of cleaning/maintenance...
  13. FLmossy

Bought a 500 Mariner

Installed it tonight. :)
  14. FLmossy

Bought a 500 Mariner

Thanks! :) Have 2 modifications planned for the Mariner: A Promag safety (already ordered), and Hogue furniture (need the 12" LOP, I have shorter arms). But I want to keep this shottie simple, so that's probably it.
  15. FLmossy

Where do you guys buy your Ammo?

I find Walmart to be competitive for my range ammo (9mm 115 grain FMJ in Federal or Winchester, or 12 gauge buckshot in the same brands), once you factor in the shipping costs for purchasing over the internet. For better stuff (Hornady, for example) I've purchased from Cheaperthandirt...
  16. FLmossy

Bought a 500 Mariner

Thanks. The finish seems very durable, really happy with this purchase. :)
  17. FLmossy

Bought a 500 Mariner

I have not seen a 28" barrel in the Mariner configuration - but I'm a newbie to this forum, so that question is better posed to the group at large...
  18. FLmossy

Bought a 500 Mariner

I wanted to put 50 rounds of different types of ammo through it before I took delivery, to make sure it worked correctly. I look forward to further break-in sessions in the near future. :)
  19. FLmossy

Bought a 500 Mariner

Model 50273. Put 50 rounds of various ammo (slugs, 00 buck and #4) to break it in. Thought I'd add some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Hope I'm adding them correctly... :)
  20. FLmossy

590 Marinecote model 50779

Thanks for the welcome. I wound up purchasing a 500 Mariner. :)
Back