• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Djcala

Black powder lets see um

2. Djcala

My 15 yr old lady AR15

My youngest finally wanted an ar . I asked what she wanted she replied the simple sight kind and made me proud !! I said if you can put one together you can have it. Told her use google and utube and ask if she was confused , I gave her stripped lower and too many parts for confusion and a...
  3. Djcala

#4 Buck plus a mossy pumper

I truly like #4 buckshot for IN-HOME defensive load, not much to say really except send one at a target and count the holes and verify point of aim. This is ONE 1 shot at 12 yards(36feet) which is about longest possible shot in our house. 18" cyl bore mossy 500, That should do the trick.
  4. Djcala

Glock-aroni

Back around Christmas the boss finally got her a roni chassis shed been wanting. Loves her glocks has several. I thought just a gadget , well truth told its good , quick transition back n forth , functions well and accuracy at distance noticeable difference. Its a nice addition to the family,.
  5. Djcala

Cap n Ball Revolvers

Any one else enjoy or shoot em. Well as history repeats , I break out the BP revolvers when I dont wanna burn alot of cartridges. Heres mine im partial to .36 calibers for several reasons , The .44 BP Has virtually no ballistic advantage , yes some argue..... The .36 uses less raw materials...
  6. Djcala

Survival cordage

Paracord has really evolved over the years. If your setting up a dedicated BOB or survival exploring pack the Titan Survivor cord is a real asset , in addition to the obvious 550 cord uses they have integrated additional strands with waxed jute for fire building, 25# monofilament fishing line...
  7. Djcala

Lever gun scabbard

I have a love for the 30/30. I want my 30/30 unadulterated and in a light slim Winny 94 frame period, its a look a feel thats just comforting to me. Now on occasion I like to carry it hiking and without a sling the scabbard is sure nice as well as offers some protection for rifle. I found my...
  8. Djcala

Big Bore muzzle stuffer

Found a .58 finally. She needed some love to put back in firing condition, so dirt cheap :yum:. Its a Navy Arms Hawken Hunter .58 cal, full 1 1/16 barrel patent chamber bored. Had half a minnie ball stuck deep took me some work to get that out then a good cleaning and anipple swap. BOOM...
  9. Djcala

Jawbones for home defense

Wasnt sure to post in ammo, defense, or trash ?? So to stir the proverbial pot, for all the experts myself included who say birdshot is not for Home defense, perhaps we are wrong depending on many factoids of course. But for the bedside or last stand room perhaps a winner for recoil sensitive...
  10. Djcala

12 gauge Sabot Slugs Hornandy

I always try to give credit when its due good and bad. I am a Hornady ammo "guy" for several reasons not the least of which still an original USA Family owned company. But in past I have given very well deserved poor reviews to the "superformance" rifle ammo my results were simply...
  11. Djcala

Taken me a lifetime to finally pull the trigger on a proper "fowler"

Just a tease picture, Il be picking up at a gathering weekend of the 26th. Then IL dump the full data anf some first shot thoughts . Kinda excited Ps rumor from mr crapgame is the wood is kinda nice:laugh:
  12. Djcala

Outdoor cooking for everyone, post away your outdoor dishes.

@dieselmudder here ya are buddy, 5 pound pork shoulder, onions c carrots, taters and some sausage. 2 cups chicken stock. I put on coals at 1300 we ate at 1800. Carrots onions taters sausage added 2 hours into cook at 1500. Also browned meat all sides in the pot dab of oil to start, then...
  13. Djcala

NRA, from the boardroom...

https://theoldschoolpatriot.com/statement-regarding-nra/
  14. Djcala

Quick report

Asked son to stop over move some lumber into barn for me, since I'm hobbled. He came by this morning with one of his employees. We are at barn he says wheres your shotgun I said its in truck why ?? He says well if,theres a rattler around its in that pile. I said ive got my little 380 pocket...
  15. Djcala

Yotes are pure predators

not sure elsewhere but ours our getting bigger a way more bold. Do ya like deer, turkey, calves , small dogs, cats etc.....cause these love em !!! They have a place in the chain, I respect them BUT they must be kept in check or the decimate and move on, like the BoRg. Yup,he was pissed.
  16. Djcala

Yotes are pure predators

not sure elsewhere but ours our getting bigger a way more bold. Do ya like deer, turkey, calves , small dogs, cats etc.....cause these love em !!! They have a place in the chain, I respect them BUT they must be kept in check or the decimate and move on, like the BoRg No honey they ain't cute...
  17. Djcala

The Donald, Our amazing President

Just heard a news tidbit on local radio. The unemployment in our county set a record, record low. Simply amazing whats happened in 2 years. The number ???? We had a whopping 26 !! Yes 26 on unemployment last month. Basically if your not employed its because you do not want to be. If you...
  18. Djcala

G43 first shots

Took the small GLOCK 9mm, and sent a few down range. It's a little snappy was using Hornady critical duty 115 for first shots. Fed fine fired fine hits fine,,,boringly so. I did a bit of side by side with my Taurus 380(which I adore and have in pocket all day everyday). The only boggle I...
  19. Djcala

Mossy Mc1 or ??????

I was so good all last week, I headed to the fun stores today. Had intended to handle/buy the Mossberg 9mm. Speed bump, was a blue label Glock G43 for same money. mossberg will have to wait, the Glock came,home. Two reasons wife already has one, and I been wanting to be able match her, when...
  20. Djcala

2019 Georgia Bushcraft Gathering

Thought id just make a thread for,ant interested. I'l dump pics and info here as weekend,progresses. grits n coffee, to start busy day of,preperations. https://m.facebook.com/events/262552684676089
Back