• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Glenn

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Springs

Yeah I did get the 4.25 one and it stuck out just a bit past the barrel which was unexpected. So the 4 1/8 would have been flush. It doesn't really add that much to the barrel, I guess 1/8th so it's not a big deal. When I am loading the shells the 7th one is pretty tight so it is probably best I...
  2. Glenn

New owner of Mossberg 590a1 18.5 7 shot, need help on model.

Buff I had the small little wrench in the box, be careful it's slim and easy to miss it. It didn't come with any other chokes, but Mossberg does sell them.
  3. Glenn

My finished 590a1 build, and 1st time shooting impressions

yeah that is what I hear, that is why I went with scabbard. I do know that sometimes having a sling to go to sidearm is important in self defense. I am hoping that the 590a1 with 8 shots clears the house lol
  4. Glenn

I will say that the shotgun scabbard will not support the flashlight mounted or the ammo card. It's not a big deal as they are both very easy to mount.
  5. Glenn

Thank you much appreciated. It's a very good forum. I posted the pictures on Facebook and my friend of 40 years said "Nice shotgun for a Mossberg. Did it come in pink? " I replied I was going to go with the 870, but I didn't want a gun made in China. He laughed. He is an 870 guy from working...
  6. Glenn

Thanks I appreciate it, I really didn't know the best way to put the shells in the card. I thought maybe upside down brass on bottom might make sense so I could load quickly with non dominant hand (left). What do you think? It was definitely a lot of fun building it, and just awesome shooting it!
  7. Glenn

I have building a Mossberg 590a1 18.5" with ghost ring sights for close to a month now. This is the first shotgun I have ever owned, and honestly the first time firing a shotgun. I own a Glock 19 gen 4 and have put range time in with it. I live out on a plot of land that is perfect for...
  8. Glenn

Choate extension longer than barrel, help please.

I should have went with the old measuring tape and got 4 1/8 lol it was fun, it is 1/8 longer. To be honest that 7th round was tight. Will take the longer and 7 plus 1. I am not going to complain. It would have been very tight even lacking that 1/8 so I am happy with it.
  9. Glenn

Choate extension longer than barrel, help please.

I just got my choate extension and it's a little longer than barrel, is this unsafe or will it cause me a problem? See pic attached.
  10. Glenn

OH man I am glad I caught you, I was just doing edit on my post. I was using an old measuring tape, someone in another thread pointed out he has the same model we do and the stock 4.25 Choate extension is the one you want. It costs an extra 20 dollars to do a custom one. This is the one you...
  11. Glenn

Damn I feel like an idiot, I used a different brand new measuring tape and got 4.25 exactly. I need to call them asap as it was going to take awhile to make the custom one for me. Thanks for the head up.
  12. Glenn

That is strange, I was asked by Choate to measure it from point a on that picture and when I measured it at 4.25 it was sitting a little past the barrel. I wonder if I am doing something wrong. That is the 590a1 7 shot model that came with the tri-rail forend originally?
  13. Glenn

Just received my WMLx gen 2 rail attached light in the mail. It was very easy to mount. It is 800 lumens and in such a good position to hit light on and off, and it has quite a few options as far as use of the light. I love it. Very form fitting. I want to thank a fellow forum member for...
  14. Glenn

From what I am told it is a +1 extension but on some forums I am seeing people say they are getting +2 with Choate (but at the very least it will be 7+1) with original factory receiver left in. I have that on order also. Yes I am getting the Inforce WMLx gen 2 800 lumens in the mail today. I...
  15. Glenn

Yeah I think that is just how they are made, factory stock picture is off. If you do want to add I would recommend Choate and get a custom extension. It really only adds one to your shotgun, for me it is aesthetics. Did your forend have tri rail system on it? That is pretty cool really, I...
  16. Glenn

Scabbard use for 590A1 20"

I am looking for a scabbard on my new 590a1 18.5, my only hesitance is that I have seen reviews where the Ghost rings catch or they are too tight for your tri rail on the newer 7 shot. I like the look of the Voodoo Tactical scabbard.
  17. Glenn

Okay order done for 130.00 for 800 lumens Gen 2. Thank you!
  18. Glenn

Hi everyone new 590a1 18.5 owner from Hollister, MO

I appreciate the welcome. I have got some really useful info from this forum so far. Man, it is so tempting to just add stuff to your gun. I must go search the forum. haha
Back