• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. DDDWho

Is there a material difference?

Being a life long user of the Model 12 Winchester (the safety is in front of the trigger guard like the 88) I've grown so use to it I do it automatically. With that in mind the 88 IS better than the 500 :)
  2. DDDWho

Mossberg 505 20 gauge vs. Maverick 88 20 gauge

I don't know what you mean by "true" but the Winchester 1897 was a takedown shotgun. Mossberg as a company did not come in to existence until 1919. I can't think of a way you could take a shotgun farther down than the Winchester 97.
  3. DDDWho

BUCK

My latest Buck is the 124, a brute of a knife. My first Buck was the 110, sometime in the mid 70s With several in between.
  4. DDDWho

I Ordered a Pistol Grip for my Maverick

If it comes to that the Maverick will be my poor mans Shockwave
  5. DDDWho

The shorter length and somewhat lighter weight strapped across my back just seems to make more sense than the longer stock while hiking. Maybe I'm wrong but if so... I can pack it just like it is
  6. DDDWho

I ordered the Hogue. It seems comfortable enough just holding it in my hand. I chose it because of the sling swivel stud
  7. DDDWho

Knowing full well when I ordered it I would never put it on the gun. I see people shooting shotguns with pistol grips, they seem to have little control over recoil. One girl on YouTube had it slip out of her hands when she pulled the trigger. A shoulder stock makes for far better accuracy...
  8. DDDWho

Pin on safety button

Never mind.... I found the answer
  9. DDDWho

Hi new here and 88 owner

My 18.5" barreled 88 is at the top of the group pic of my shotguns
  10. DDDWho

Hi new here and 88 owner

I hear ya on the price. When I was in business we called it "leaving money on the table". No matter the amount its never fun
  11. DDDWho

Hi new here and 88 owner

I'm not sure I would find advantage with a pistol grip tactical stock. Having hunted with a Model 12 Winchester all of my life I find the stock and safety location to be the same as the Model 12. When I pick the 88 up to just play with or actually shooting at a critter its the most natural thing...
Back