• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. DHall

Rear Ghost Ring Sight on 590A1 Issues

I'll answer my own question for everybody's reference. I was able to remove the two screws that attach the sight to the receiver. However, THE ELEVATION WHEEL IS ALSO THREADED INTO THE RECEIVER. I put back the two screws. I then wedged the sight off the elevation wheel with a allen wrench. I...
  2. DHall

TexaSaiga, Sorry your going through some of the problems I had. Mossberg CS is terrible. Ask them to email you the shipping tag. I got mine that way on the same day. Then send that puppy right back to them. Good news was they fixed mine and it only took about 7-10 days. P.S. I wrote a letter...
  3. DHall

Thanks guys, I'll give it a try. Any tips on removing the sight? Have either of you (Kodiak ,Sniper) done it before?
  4. DHall

Looking for Help with GRS

Hey guys, Trying to get some help with adjusting the rear ghost ring on my 590A1. Anybody with experience???
  5. DHall

Rust in the chamber of my 590A1 *UPDATE WITH PICTURES*

My new 590A1 came the same way only not quite as much as CML but in the same area. At first I thought it was rust. However, after messing with it, it didn't seem like any rust I've seen before. The preservative angle makes sense. CML keep us updated please...
  6. DHall

I cannot move the rear elevation wheel on my 590A1 ghost ring sight. I have lifted up and also wedged up the apeture so it is raised over the humps. I also dropped some break free in the tapped hole where it is threaded. ANY SUGGESTIONS???
  7. DHall

Mossberg Customer Service Thread...

LAZY EYED SNIPER, Thanks, I have lifted up on the apeture and it still will not turn. I also put a drop of break free inside the top of the receiver where the threads for the wheel is tapped... Any other suggestions, I don't want it to break.. I also threw a request up on the trouble sooting...
  8. DHall

UPDATE Shipped my gun back and they quickly returned a new gun..... This gun runs like a champ! Like it was supposed to the first time. A positive for Mossberg was the speed of replacing and shipping it back! I STILL CANNOT get the rear sight to move up or down any suggestions?? ;)
  9. DHall

Oli700, You make some good points and I will give them a chance to make it right and perhaps that will rebuild some confidence for me. I really liked this model with the sights and the location of the Mossberg action release and safety. However, I would expect their customer service to be...
  10. DHall

New Owner from Ohio

Gentlemen, Thanks for the welcome. I am willing to give them a chance to make it right. It is nice to hear that all of you have real confidence in your weapon systems. Nightsite, I also have experience and have never had to deal with this issue with other manufactures. However, maybe I just...
  11. DHall

New Owner from Ohio

Had a brand new 590a1, 18.5 barrel, ghost ring sights. Lasted all of 7 rounds then FTF!!!! Then rear sight elevation wheel snapped off about 1/2 down in the thread. Mossberg customer service really stinks! I posted on that thread also. I have to send it back to people who seem not to care that...
  12. DHall

I recently purchased a brand new 590a1 18.5 barrel, ghost ring sights. I intended to use it for home defense and general purpose. I took it to the range and after about 7 rounds of 00 buck I got a FTF. Tried to work with it at the range with negative results. Also, went to change elevation for...
Back