• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. H

Things to make with Rabbit pelts?

My fiancee and I are moving into a house at the end of the month and I plan on raising rabbits for meat in the backyard. I want to tan the pelts and make as many useful items out of them as possible. I know that many people make blankets, hats, gloves, etc. and I want to make all those items...
  2. H

No luck, but still a fun day

I finally got out and went hunting today for the first time. I got out at 6:00 a.m. at a WMA nearby looking for rabbits. I was by myself, mostly just going out for a stroll and hoping I came across a rabbit. I did actually see two rabbits and one of them, I actually did have a shot at, but I was...
  3. H

#3 Buckshot?

Have you ever checked groupings with this on paper? I did see that, but what I had read was that OO wasn't great out of a 20ga since the layering of the shot wasn't consistent. The #3 was the only buckshot I found available near me for 20ga. I went to 5 stores and finally found it at Gander...
  4. H

#3 Buckshot?

I was just curious if anyone could direct me to any info about the effectiveness of #3 Buckshot in a 20 gauge for home defense. Today, I picked up a box of Remington Express (http://www.midwayusa.com/product/636662 ... viewHeader) and I have it in my new Mossberg 500c. Would you guys feel...
  5. H

Rabbit Hunting Questions

I have been trying to go on my first hunt for a while now. Since I haven't been able to work out a date with any friends, I was thinking about just going to a nearby WMA and trying my hand at rabbit hunting. I have my Mossy 500 12 gauge and was thinking I would use it. I am just going to go out...
  6. H

I've Been Called up to the Big Leagues (Pro Brewing)

We have had a lot of fun lately at the brewery with many events going on. Last week, I added habanero peppers to our stout for a challenge to our customers. If you can finish the beer in under 2 minutes, you get a free t-shirt. The peppers were homegrown in my garden on the balcony of my...
  7. H

A day off, Autumn weather, Yuengling Black and Tans, and PbR

Re: A day off, Autumn weather, Yuengling Black and Tans, and I am mostly a Mon-Fri guy now, but towards the end of the week it slows down a lot at the brewery. Typically, I can take Fridays off unless we are bottling beer in a hurry. I also teach trumpet lessons on Saturday mornings starting at...
  8. H

A day off, Autumn weather, Yuengling Black and Tans, and PbR

Re: A day off, Autumn weather, Yuengling Black and Tans, and Sounds to me like you need a local Alabama brewery to sponsor your free days! I love the pics. Let me know if you have any free weekends coming up and we could get back together. I'll bring some goodies.
  9. H

We are the Blue Pants Brewery from Madison, Alabama. We haven't really started distributing too much out of the state yet, but a package store could possibly do an order. Mike, Vienna is an awesome basemalt. That hop combo is what we use when we are out of centennial as a substitute. We wanted...
  10. H

Hey Mike, it is going well. It is a very time demanding job. I am working a lot of 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. days so I haven't had much time to do things outside of brewing, but it is an awesome job still. We do have some exciting beers coming out in the next few months beginning with a Wee Heavy...
  11. H

Picked up a bunch of .223 brass. Anyone want to trade?

Hey John, I just sent you a PM. I did get the brass. I have been really busy at the brewery, so I decided to make use of our outgoing shipments pile, but I did not know that a brewery can not ship to a residential building. I am taking the package to the post office tomorrow and throwing in some...
  12. H

Awesome! Sounds like a deal to me. Want to PM me your shipping info and you can send that bag along when you recieve shipment from me?
  13. H

Thanks for the info! It almost makes me wish I could justify getting an AR, but I need to be saving for a wedding.
  14. H

Mostly one brand. The headstamp says LC and than a number (I saw 06 through 11) but there is a mix of crimped and non-crimped. I see some WWC that is non-crimped.
  15. H

Just counted... I have 164 cases In the tumbler now.
  16. H

I haven't counted how much I picked up today, but I am in need of .45 acp brass and I have a bunch of .223 that I picked up thinkng that I could start collecting brass and selling it for scrap. Would anyone be interested in a trade once I count it out?
  17. H

Single Stage Press Thoughts

Thanks! I am going to start reloading .45 ACP for my 1911 also. I want to get a mould so I can cast my bullets for it, but I am not sure which mould I want yet. I am leaning toward 230 gr Round Nose though.
  18. H

Single Stage Press Thoughts

All right so now that I have used my press a few times, I thought I would share a few thoughts about it. https://kempfgunshop.com//index.php?pag ... &Itemid=41 This was the kit I bought. When I first got the press and started using it, I was thinking that it was too slow and that I should have...
  19. H

Problems with my .30-30 reloads

Nice work! It looks like your loads are coming along well.
  20. H

AK47 and Variants

I took my new WASR out to the range yesterday for the first time. Everything worked exactly as it should! I may just be a lucky one, but my brother and I put 200 rounds through the gun and didn't have a single problem. We should at 25 yards, 50 yards, and 100 yards and I thought the accuracy was...
Back