• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. R

Picatinney rail for Patriot Bantam

I was prompted to let you folks know about the sight rail from Evolution Gun Works. I ordered both the 20 MOA and 0 MOA rails, just because I may want to switch them out from time to time. Thanks to Amazon Prime, I got the rails quickly, like two or three days. I set her rifle up with the 0...
  2. R

It is, after all, about shot placement. I've had to make some shots here between 300 and 400 yards to take elk and deer, thanks to clear cut logging. I won't take anyone afield with me until I know they can put a bullet into a 4 inch target at 300 yards. I'm too dang old to chase an elk or...
  3. R

Lots of fine calibers out there suitable for elk and other large game, I'm just trying to keep my reloading setups to a minimum. Right now I just have to load 9mm, .45 ACP. .243, .308 and 5.56mm. Trying to keep it simple. That is one fine bull elk though. Kind of fitting that it fell to a 14...
  4. R

They'll probably ship my EGW short action picatinny rail today or tomorrow. The USPS will probably do their usual thing with my package. I live about 80 miles south of Seattle, so all mail goes to Seattle, then to Renton, then to Federal Way, then back to Seattle, and finally it heads our way...
  5. R

Hello from NC

Welcome from another new guy. I spent a lot of time in NC, the Fayetteville area to be exact, but traveled all over. I was stationed at Bragg for many years with the 82d Airborne.
  6. R

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

I'm not very inventive. My screen name is my name and I don't have an avatar...yet.
  7. R

I'm filing DNZ away for future reference. Never know when I'll need another rifle and scope.
  8. R

Thanks guys. The EGW rail is on order. Since most of her shooting will be under 500 yards, I went with the 0 MOA rail. Later, I had a change of heart and ordered the 20 MOA rail as well. It's nice to have options.
  9. R

Scope bases for patriot

Be interested to know how that's working out for you. I'm not happy with the Weaver mounts Mossberg provided.
  10. R

First, my wife's Patriot Bantam came with what I'm assuming are Weaver 20 MOA mounts, not a rail, plus a really inexpensive scope. At the range we couldn't get the scope to zero at any distance. We had the elevation maxed out and were hitting about 2 feet under the 100 meter target. I just...
  11. R

Scope Ring Heighth?

I just dropped a Vortex Viper 6-20X50 on a .243 Patriot Bantam. Used low Vortex Hunter rings. I have about 3/16th clearance between the scope objective bell and the receiver.
  12. R

Old man with a new Mossberg

Thanks Folks. We got a chance to give the new Mossberg a run on Mother's Day. Yeah, my wife wanted a range day as a Mother's Day gift...who am I to complain. It likes 100 grain Federal factory ammo real well. The 3x9 scope that came with the gun was, well, a scope that came with the gun...
  13. R

Camo~ patterns and techniques for firearms, bows and gear

It's at the gunsmith having the bottom metal remilled. Had a feeding issue that needed to be remedied.
  14. R

Thanks, John. Tan base coat with green and brown shot in light layers over the tan. I used net vegetable bags and long leaf pine needles to create visual patterns. I gave the gun to my daughter so she could hunt deer. With my hand loads it would shoot .5 MOA all day. Hated to part with it...
  15. R

This is my old Remington 700 action in .30-06, Shilen barrel, Choate stock. Rustoleum camo job by your truely when I was bored.
  16. R

Post Your Patch Pics!

Man, I didn't even think of google. Ordered the one with the tricked out AR on it. Thanks for the assist.
  17. R

Post Your Patch Pics!

Looked like a name tape, but I'd look at anything.
  18. R

Post Your Patch Pics!

Don't wear patches, but I've seen a couple that might change my mind. A guy had one on his range bag, but he left before I could find out where he got it. It said "Run your gun, not your mouth". If anyone sees that one, let me know where you saw it. I'll buy it.
  19. R

Range Time Targets, what do you use?

For rifle we shoot at 2", 4", 6" and 8" AR 500 steel gongs from shootingtargets7.com. For pistol we shoot at two IPSC silhouette targets we got from a local guy. The range we shoot at has 10" and 12" gongs out at 300 yards, but we like more of a challenge. The range has no steel pistol...
  20. R

What calibers do you shoot?

I'm trying to keep my list fairly small, as I reload everything I shoot. Rifles: .243 Win 5.56 mm .308 Win Pistols: 9mm Luger .45 ACP
Back