• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Rampo

Shockwave Photos

Here's mine. Warhammer!
  2. Rampo

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Rico, There's a little more detail and a picture of the laser in the other thread http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/ill-show-you-mine-if-you-show-me-yours-590-photo-thread.228/page-70
  3. Rampo

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Rico, Below is a pic of the other side. The hole is threaded to accept the socket head cap screw coming through from the other end. The mount on the front end consists of two C shaped retainers that fit under the shield and around the barrel. Everything is held in place with two screws...
  4. Rampo

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Installed the Aimtech "Warhammer" heat shield. (Stogie may get a new companion. I am hereby naming my Shockwave "WARHAMMER".) Very easy to install. Took about 10 minutes including installing the laser. I really like the look and feel of the unit. Very sturdy but light weight aluminum...
  5. Rampo

Any members in or around Savannah, GA?

I guess you can take six weeks to protest if you don't have to worry about going to work every day.
  6. Rampo

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Well, I wrote to the seller and he has this same setup on his Shockwave, so I ended up ordering it. No gunsmithing was required. Should be here on Friday. I'll have to fool around with the POA/POI. Right now with the standard front sight I'm shooting high. For example, with a standard...
  7. Rampo

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Anyone know anything about this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/MagPul-M-Lok-Aimtech-ML3A1SWH-WARHAMMER-Tactical-Rail-Mossberg-Shockwave-/282624550460?epid=691214427&hash=item41cdbc663c:g:eJwAAOSwEFNZnEVl It's described as "Tactical Shotgun Rail Mount with integrated heat shield". I see noted in the...
  8. Rampo

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Rico, the button head screws tapped directly into the barrel look much neater than the original mounting tabs. Looks like they also did a nice job on the clearance slot for the front sight. Let us know how everything holds up under fire. I might be interested paying them a visit as well...
  9. Rampo

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Saw this this version today from Palmetto. Shockwave with marine coat. $399. Interesting look...
  10. Rampo

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Ours peaked at 2:42 PM. Seemed as if it wasn't getting much darker from the start at 1:12 PM. Then all of a sudden, it was lights out! The darkness only lasted about a minute, but I was surprised at how quickly everything went dark. It was a great experience. During the peak I had thoughts...
  11. Rampo

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Looks good Rico. That Talon tape is good stuff.
  12. Rampo

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Hey Rico, we're just across the river in Aiken SC. Downtown Aiken will be 99.9% eclipsed and will be in the "diamond phase" of the eclipse much longer than most locations, therefore Aiken is "the jewel of the eclipse." (Whatever that means). We'll probably hang out downtown at one of the...
  13. Rampo

Beez SBS scabbard for a Shockwave

Thanks for the review. I also have the Voodoo scabbard, and my assessment is the same. I use it as a protective cover, but as far as using it for carrying, it doesn't work well at all.
  14. Rampo

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Tried this out at the outdoor range this morning. The beam was not very visible. Sky was overcast to partly sunny. The times I did manage to see the dot and fire, the shots were right on. I was using white paper plates at 7 yards and shooting # 8 birdshot. I would aim dead center and the...
  15. Rampo

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Here's the green laser I purchased from Amazon. http://a.co/0t8YuLw . I choose this one because it was rechargeable without being too big. I rail mounted it on the top close to the safety, and used a laser bore sight to get everything aligned. Pretty bright indoors. Will report back after...
  16. Rampo

aquila mini shot shell

I'm still holding out for supply to catch up with demand. In my opinion, $0.75 per round is too much to pay. My feeling is that the price should settle in around $0.45 per round, (something like $9 - $10 for a box of 20 would be reasonable).
  17. Rampo

Old-timer from NE Georgia

Welcome from your neighbor across the river in Aiken, SC. I'm also a Shockwave owner. Have been getting a lot of trigger time with it at the outdoor range. Enjoy!
  18. Rampo

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

I have the Talon grip on mine as well. Rubberized is the way to go. BTW Talon is having a one day sale on July 4th. $4 off. No code needed. I'll be buying a set for me second M&P Shield. https://talongungrips.com/grips/long-guns-ar/shockwave.html
  19. Rampo

Hello From The Upstate Of South Carolina

Welcome from the lower end of South Carolina!
Back