• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. H

590 Shockwave, 1st impressions

MarkB1, looks like the folks over in TX are getting ready for 1 Sept when Shockwaves are legal there. I noticed the below post on their TexasGunTalk site. I do not know the poster or anything about AimPro Tactical, but maybe they can help with your quest for a heatshield? See link below and...
  2. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

I had the opportunity on Friday to finally take my Mossberg 590 “Shockwave” out and properly pattern her. In addition, I also brought my NFA-AOW Remington/Serbu 870 “Super Shorty” too for comparison. I was impressed with the below results and have full confidence in using the Shockwave as the...
  3. H

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

I don't have actual dimensions, however if it helps, I used the standard QD sling swivels from Uncle Mikes, similar to this set below and it attached with no issues to the Shockwave birdshead grip stud: http://www.unclemikes.com/accessories/shotgun-swivels/mossberg-590-835
  4. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Thanks! Finally getting to head out to the country this weekend and pattern her, plus a friends Benelli SBS and also run a few rounds in my Serbu AOW. Looking forward to breaking-in the Shockwave!
  5. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

I don't have actual dimensions, however if it helps, I used the standard QD sling swivels from Uncle Mikes, similar to this set below and it attached with no issues to the Shockwave birdshead grip stud: http://www.unclemikes.com/accessories/shotgun-swivels/mossberg-590-835
  6. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

I plan to keep the strap on the forend, however the sling plate/hand stop could be a back-up in a rush and I didn't get my hand in the strap. Primary purpose in my case, was as sling mount. I utilized a M1 Carbine type sling, like the Witness Protection shotguns had in the 1980s. Very easy...
  7. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Roger that, plus we train to never trust/rely on any mechanical safety. The only safety you can trust is "your brain and index finger position", especially for safeties that only block trigger travel, with non-drop-safe firearms. We also carry our duty shotguns "cruiser-ready" (hammer down on an...
  8. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

First of all, thanks to: DarkPassenger308 for the IMGUR photo-site suggestion, as I too was caught-up in the Photobucket nightmare! Finished the last of the upgrades to my 590 Shockwave, I'm "done" (for now...). I added a GG&G sling plate/hand stop, a SJ&J Hardware high visibility Delrin...
  9. H

590 Shockwave, 1st impressions

The initial ones that came from the distributors to the LGS did not have a sling stud on the rear grip, only the barrel nut. However the more recent models do. It will depend on where in the distribution stock your LGS gets your particular firearm. Considering how fast they are selling, more...
  10. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Here are the photos, I promised yesterday: New rubberized Talon Grips Close Up, Left side Top View Bonus Photo, newly added XS Big Dot sight too ProMag enhanced safety is next, post 4 July, that will do it for mine!
  11. H

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

I recently added the rubberized version of the new Talon Shockwave grip to mine. I really like it, especially outdoors on hot, humid days. Installation was easy and a great fit too. Adds both an additional "tacky" feel/grip and some cushioning too. I'll try and add some photos of the...
  12. H

How long did you wait for a 590 Shockwave?

Here is another 590 Shockwave. She came from Mossberg with factory sling swivel mounts on the front magazine cap and the end of the Shockwave grip. Went with a combination look of both the old Ithaca 37 "Stakeout" guns used by the NYPD SOU in the 1970s and the Remington "Witness Protection"...
  13. H

The 590 Shockwave; where is it legal to own?

Just an update the Governor of Texas signde HB1819 yesterday, 26 May 2017. It will become effective 1 September, clearining the way for the Shockwave and similar "firearms." http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/BillLookup/BillStages.aspx?LegSess=85R&Bill=HB1819
  14. H

590 shockwave wood furniture

"Classic look", really reminds even more of the original "Witness Protection" models in the mid-1980s, by Scattergun Technologies for the Marshall's Service. Well done!
  15. H

The 590 Shockwave; where is it legal to own?

Texas law will be clarified this September 1st, when HB 1819 goes into effect and they will clearly be allowed in Texas. Wednesday, May 17th, the Texas House Passed HB 1819, authored by Rep. Drew Springer (R-Muenster) with senate sponsor, Sen. Charles Perry (R-Lubbock) plus an amendment by Sen...
  16. H

How long did you wait for a 590 Shockwave?

Texas HB 1819 was already proposed as a good change to further clairfy the use of suppressors in our State. However when the "gray" area came up with Shockwaves and TAC-14 "firearms" with 14" barrels, we were lucky that our Legislature was in session (in Texas they only meet each 2 years). Our...
Back