• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. VTXPhil

field stripping 464 lever action

I guess so with the lack of response no one has completely field stripped their 464 before. ie: removed the bolt for better cleaning.
  2. VTXPhil

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Sights

Re: New skinner rear sight this is the peep sight they make. Works ok for short distances but for 100 yards not. Redfield I will have to take a look.
  3. VTXPhil

Re: New skinner rear sight I put it on and checked it out in the back yard with the bore sight. It looks good so i took the 464 out to the range and fired off about 40 rounds at 100 yards. The only problem I see at 100 yaards and a 10" round target, the target vanishes behind the front sight...
  4. VTXPhil

field stripping 464 lever action

Ok this might sound stupid, but I was always told the only stupid question is the one that wasn't asked. So here we go. I went out and put about 80 rounds through my 464 and wanted to clean it afte. Here is the question. How is the bolt removed. I got the lever loose but not unattached from the...
  5. VTXPhil

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Reviews...

I have had my 464 a week and a half and have bounced a couple of hundred rounds through it and I have not had one time where it has had a problem cycling a round. Never jam never failed ever. Personally I would not want a winny made by the Japanese. Not that I have any thing against the...
  6. VTXPhil

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Reviews...

levergunners.com forum levergunners.com forum I was just reading some comments some of these guys were writing about the 464 and I really wanted to sign up and give them a piece of my mind but I figured it wouldn't do any good. Ranting and raving on how the Winchester 94 is a better gun and so...
  7. VTXPhil

New skinner rear sight I just bought a new skinner rear peep sight, just have not recieved it yet. I have been doing alot of reading about different sights and I think this wil work just fine for me. What does everyone think?
  8. VTXPhil

How Many Mossberg's Do You Own?

Just the one Lever action 464 Walnut stock
  9. VTXPhil

old guy, new owner

To mingaa: it holds 7 total 6 in the tube and 1 in the chamber.It has a nice kick too. Unlike the old M16 I was use too. To the _mule: Thanks it was a nice and cold stay in Grand Forks ND. That is one place I will never visit again. I got there Feb. 15th 1976 and man it was really cold. I grew...
  10. VTXPhil

Mossberg 464 SPX tactical lever rifle

I don't really like it. I guess it because I am an old cowboy and I like the old wood stocks and such. I don't know when I was younger every time you saw a rifle it had a wood stock and forearm. So I say no thanks.
  11. VTXPhil

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Ok OK well as you can see I have not picked an Avatar yet but as for the name, it is my Honda cruiser motorcycle. It is a 2005 Honda VTX1300C 1300cc or 80 cu.in. 85 hp. thats it.
  12. VTXPhil

old guy, new owner

Thanks again Rossignal, not a factory it where the silos were. the titan and minutemans were in there but that was back in the late 70's. Its a 464 and the elevation is in the rear, Muzzle post doesn't move. I believe lower the rear slide will draw the shot up? and visa-versa
  13. VTXPhil

old guy, new owner

it was really Patrol. working at a missle facility keeping the bad guys away. thats all
  14. VTXPhil

old guy, new owner

thanks for friendly welcome to all. Well I took out my 464 today for the first time. Very different from a M16 for sure. All my shots were high and to the left at about 50 yrds. Setting the rear sight is different too. the biggest problem I had was I couldnt remember slide the diamond plate up...
  15. VTXPhil

old guy, new owner

Hi all just here to say hi. I just picked up a 464 and am looking for a nice new rear sight to slap on it. Don't really hunt much just like to put 6 in the smallest spot possible. Right now I'm working on 2.5 inch spot at 100 yrds. open sight. x-military police, not to toot my own horn but...
Back