• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. GT_80

Weird Trigger issue on a maverick 88 20 gauge

Well, I pulled the trigger group apart a little, it seems to be assembled right, I oiled the crap out of it with Break-free CLP and it seems to be better, I cycled it like 25 times and it did not hang up again. Maybe it just needed some oil after all- I dunno…
  2. GT_80

I pulled my 12 gauge apart, and it has the same thing. But I have never had an issue with the trigger on the 12 gauge hanging up. Maybe I just need to make sure I pull it harder or maybe it needs to wear in a little…
  3. GT_80

It appears there is a second spot on the hammer catches on the trigger mechanism. Almost like it has a second sear - I’ll see if I can demonstrate with pictures picture 1 - shows hammer cocked- sear sitting on the hammer Picture two shows a second notch on the hammer that can catch on the...
  4. GT_80

I bought a 20 gauge maverick 88 about 4 months ago, and I put a hogue tamer pistol grip and a side saddle on it. Finally took it out to the range and I had weird issues with the trigger randomly. sometimes if I put the trigger in the first joint of my finger and pull hard it drops the hammer...
  5. GT_80

MOSSBERG 500 / maverick 88 20 gauge ribbed forend

Does anyone have or know where to find a ribbed forend for a maverick 88/MOSSBERG 500 20 gauge? Other than wood ones from numrich, I can’t seem to find many… did find one Phoenix arms or something like that, but haven’t found any reviews or anything… Im building a cruiser out of a new...
  6. GT_80

500 Breacher with Flush Magazine?

correct. I swapped the whole action slide tube to my Maverick from my 500 and vice versa
  7. GT_80

the furniture for a mossy 500 is 100% interchangeable on the Maverick 88. I have done swaps both ways. The trigger assemblies are different, as are the safeties, but the foregrip and slide action tube, and stock as well as the bolt and elevator are 100% interchangeable.
  8. GT_80

Mass legal shockwave

Thanks Meister - that is the kind of feedback I am looking for. I have seen a lot of videos on youtube, I am just trying to decide if I can justify buying one. Just the fact it's a 590 for $299 makes it worth buying, but in reality, in Mass I could put a raptor grip on a standard 18.5" barrel...
  9. GT_80

Mass legal shockwave

I was thinking with the OPSOL adapter and some shorty shells it may be fun...
  10. GT_80

Mass legal shockwave

Just got an email from my favorite shop that the Shockwave 590 is now Mass complaint. The kicker? its an 18.5" barrel 590. So it's effectively a 590 cruiser with a birdshead grip - Not THAT exciting, but I think I can buy one for $299 which is super nice! I am not 100% I want to buy one...
  11. GT_80

Homemade fixed length paracord slings

I wouldn't even know where to begin... I need to look up more ways to use paracord. Trying to figure out how to just wrap things and tuck the end in- like on my lever for my 30-30.
  12. GT_80

A few minutes- definitely not in one pull Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. GT_80

I posted about a few slings I made in another thread, but didn't realize there was a section just for that. I have been working on making some of my own Paracord slings, mainly because I wanted to learn how for a while, and while they are cheaper on Ebay, I like the freedom of making them...
  14. GT_80

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

Thanks! Here is my latest for my 20 Gauge Mossy. I'm getting pretty good at these. My wife says I should sell them, but the materials are about $20 and they take 3 hours + to make, and with similar chinese ones on ebay at $13 or so I don't think I would sell any...
  15. GT_80

New to Me Mossberg 20 Gauge Tactical

So you are the new proud owner because your brother was a dumbass? LOL Here is my 20 gauge right now- 24" slugster barrel, homemade sling, sidesaddle shell carrier. Nothing too special- I want to get a 18.5" barrel for it but don't want to spend $150 or something crazy like that. I had one I...
  16. GT_80

Had some model 500 range time

I just realized this is a duplicate thread. Mods can delete.
  17. GT_80

I took this from another thread in the accessories section
  18. GT_80

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Accessories...

I have been working on making my own paracord slings. Cobra Knots. Single width and dual width. Making them costs about the same or a little more than buying one off ebay, but I like doing it myself. Trying to get the length perfect is proving to be a little bit of work though. I made a longer...
  19. GT_80

Had some model 500 range time

I had some range time a couple weeks ago, and I took some video. I try to have fun :)
  20. GT_80

New to Me Mossberg 20 Gauge Tactical

Nice looking shotty. I love the 20 gauges. People say their wussy guns, but I can shoot one literally all day without flinching or getting a sore shoulder, and I am more accurate with them knowing theres quite a bit less recoil. That configuration doesn't show up too often, especially with...
Back