• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Brookelynngreen

Using a shotgun as a rifle?

Liked the Hickok video, that's about the range ill be wanting to shoot. no more than 250 yards, but mostly within the 100-200 range. Just wanting to know if with practice I can make good clean shots with a 20" barrel and magnum rifled slugs, or should i just get a 30-06 hahahhaha?
  2. Brookelynngreen

Using a shotgun as a rifle?

Can i use my shotgun as a rifle to make long distance shot particularly with a 2 3/4" rifled slug or a 3" rifled magnum slug??
  3. Brookelynngreen

Thinking of getting a Mossberg 590A1

Like the title says... I'm thinking of getting a Mossberg 590A1 Special Purpose 9 Shot with Speed Feed Butt Stock #51668 (i cant ditch my reliable 500 persuader 7+1 but I want something super heavy duty) QUESTIONS I WANT TO KNOW BEFORE PURCHASING :?: 1. It says 9 shot, so that's 8 in the...
  4. Brookelynngreen

What kind of shotguns do the military currently use?

What kind of shotguns do the military currently use? just wondering.
  5. Brookelynngreen

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: New 500 sometimes jams.. I currently have shot over 1000 shells thru my Mossberg 500, not 1 problem at all.... I have shot ALL TYPES of loads even the cheap Estate & Winchester brands, so I really don't know what to say other than the fact that something may be "different" about your...
  6. Brookelynngreen

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Paint and Refinishing

Re: DuraCoating My 500A - T1 Tactical Black Saw your FB pics, you did great. LOOKS GOOD!
  7. Brookelynngreen

Re: New 500 owner question I wanted to do the same, I put my butt-stock on and I'm leaving it like that FOR GOOD! Pistol grips are shitty in my opinion, they look cool but that's all...
  8. Brookelynngreen

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Customization and Modification

Re: 500A 18.5" Build for HD Sounds like an awesome build. Whats it's main purpose going to be? We would love to see what it looks like when your through:)
  9. Brookelynngreen

Re: heat shield question I need a heat shield, I put about 200-300 shells through my barrel every time I go shooting and boy does my barrel get HOT HOT HOT. There has been occasions where I "accidentally" grabbed the barrel and burnt my fingers.
  10. Brookelynngreen

Re: Tacstar Side Saddle Fell Off!! I was going shooting this weekend, so I went and picked up another 6 shot saddle from cabelas. If Tacstar really does send me the screws ill just prolly save up for another moss500.
  11. Brookelynngreen

WHOA!! There was rust on my barrel & magazine!!! So I went shooting one day for about 3 hours. It was like 90 degrees outside and I'm sure my sweaty hands touched every part of my barrel and magazine. But surely that cannot be the sole reason why I pulled my shotgun from under the bed and there...
  12. Brookelynngreen

Tapco Universal Sling HELP

Thanks!! Appreciate it:)
  13. Brookelynngreen

Tapco Universal Sling HELP

I'm currently looking for a sling for my Mossberg 500 Persuader. I found this sling online: http://www.calssportingarmory.com/produ ... lg9001.htm I like it because it can be a single point and a dual point sling. Would it be an ok sling for a persuader since the two barrels are the same...
  14. Brookelynngreen

Re: Tacstar Side Saddle Fell Off!! I called Tacstar, they SAID they would send me out 6 new screws. The girl on the other line said she would call back if her "boss" had to charge me. It's now 3:47pm and no call. Hopefully they will come through so I can get my Mossberg back into action this...
  15. Brookelynngreen

Re: New 500 owner question Hahaha mike. I'm very new to shotguns. I guess you can say I'm in my "experimental" stage of using a shotgun. Lessoned learned though lol. Pistol Grip + 3" Magnum Slug = Pain I just been shooting the ol mossy 500, getting to know my shotgun real well and having fun...
  16. Brookelynngreen

Re: New 500 owner question Yea 3" slugs!! I knew my moss500 could shoot 3 inchers, went to cabelas to find 3" shells and saw Federal 3" rifled magnum slugs for 6.99 for a 5 pack. I was reluctant to shoot one but decided to try. Loaded 1 in, pulled the trigger and BOOM!!! That sucker stung my...
  17. Brookelynngreen

Re: New 500 owner question I have put around 600 shells through my Mossberg 500 Persuader (7+1 20" Barrel) I have shot: 2 3/4 #8 bird shot- Approx. 500-570 shells 2 3/4 00Buckshot- Approx. 10 shells 2 3/4 Rifled Slugs - Approx. 10 shells 3" Magnum Rifled Slugs- Approx. 10 shells The ones that...
  18. Brookelynngreen

Tacstar Side Saddle Fell Off!! So... before i bought the side saddle i read some reviews on youtube about it, and how to install it the best way possible. On one of the videos someone stated that using "lock tight" would be a good idea because the small screws that come with it would eventually...
  19. Brookelynngreen

Re: Mossberg 500 Persuader: Shooting Slugs & Buckshot Yea, I realized I made two of the same threads. I apologize. Thanks for merging them;)
  20. Brookelynngreen

Mossberg 500 Persuader: Shooting Slugs & Buckshot I bought a M500 Persuader 7+1 What is the best type of slug and the best type of buckshot to use without hurting my barrel?? I'm new to shot guns. So far I have shot about 15 #8 Birdshot shells through it already. I uploaded a photo of my...
Back