• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. J

Mossberg Patriot .308 win inconsistency and design flow.

Sorry, I do not know what you are referring to. I stated, that the forehand part of the stock must have bent (when I use a sling support standing, with a considerable tension), and as a result the gap between the free floated barrel and the forehand widened (and it is just an observation, since...
  2. J

I had a long exchange with the Mossberg Customer Service, and they claim , that it is as it is designed. And it won't (shouldn't) cause any malfunctions. In the meantime I bought a Ruger Precision Gen II, and basically I shoot only that rifle. My Patriot is in perfect shape and it's...
  3. J

As I stated before - this hole is a front action screw hole. My engineering training tells me - it's not a good design. The hole is too shallow, and it shouldn't rest on a barrel thread. To answer your question, the 'Junk around it' must be the 'locktide' - no other explanation. I talked to...
  4. J

Hello, I got my Patriot in .308 win (walnut stock) on August 1, this year (2017). I have gone to the ranges 5 times, and have spent numerous hours at home 'dry firing' from the unsupported standing position. A couple of very disappointing notes: 1. Since I am using a sling for the standing...
  5. J

Torque specifications for the Patriot (wooden stock)

I have the same impression about the recoil lug. It sits pretty solid, touching the wood at the back and in front it has the bead of some soft glue (a dumper of sorts). I took apart the rifle this afternoon. What I really didn't like is the front action screw, sitting in the threaded hole at...
  6. J

Thanks Gene. I haven't opened mine yet. I am going to see it inside tomorrow. Probably what is left, is bedding the recoil lug. Only from the side of the action, though. The movement of the lug, and the return to the stable position after the shot, is the most important factor (as I heard...
  7. J

At the same time I asked the Forum, I asked also the Mossberg Customer Service. This is what they answered: "Thank you for your e-mail. The action screws for the Patriot should be torqued at 25 in/lbs. If we can be of further assistance, please let us know.(...)" So, I believe that this...
  8. J

Hello, I am planning to readjust the trigger. What is the proper torque of the chamber bolts, when I assemble the rifle after adjustment? Since it's a user-serviceable feature, I expected to have the answer to this question in the Manual. However, I didn't find it? Depending on a...
  9. J

Bipod for Mossberg Patriot 308 walnut.

Hello, I am about to pick up my Mossberg Patriot 308 walnut from the store. I want to have a removable bipod. So I want to use a weaver adapter attached to the stock on the front swivel stud. But, I heard, that this stud gets loose very easy, since it's just screwed in the wood. So, is there...
Back