• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Fumbles

Seriously, this is the last one

Nice story about the barrel. That's the kind of CS that makes a company stand out. I love LMT stuff....I have one of their 16" CQB MRP's.....outstanding rifle. Only thing....we are not allowed flash hiders...so my AR-15's and my AR-10 have Surefire SOCOM muzzle brakes. California......enough...
  2. Fumbles

Seriously, this is the last one

Nice looking rig! What barrel is that? EDIT: Ugh never mind I just saw there are 3 pages in this thread. Hard to see the little page numbers down there. One question though. You said.......... Are you serious?:D That reads like you have blown up all your other guns with your reloads. :eek...
  3. Fumbles

OR3GUN modifications/upgrade.

Thanks MikeD. Strange about the Nordic knob. Maybe it was an install thing or perhaps a flaw in the manufacture or something. That said, I'll make sure I keep my original bolt knob in my tools/lube/parts kit that I take with me when I shoot. Just in case the same happens to me. So far so good...
  4. Fumbles

OR3GUN modifications/upgrade.

So I had ordered the goodies from OR3GUN for my Mossberg 930 JM Pro Series. I fit these all a little while back but I wanted to get a few through the shottie before I started making any claims. I feel the shotgun is definitely overall better, in feel and operation but most likely the biggest...
  5. Fumbles

3G+JM ammo

Anyone try this yet? It's 2-3/4", 1-1/8oz #7.5 shot @ 1200fps. I bought 100 rounds today and since it's going to be a while before I get to take the JM Pro out again........I'm curious if it's any better than the usual run of the mill plinking ammo? Wondering also if I might should get some...
  6. Fumbles

308 build or buy?

I can totally relate. I'm that guy also. I have to fiddle, tweak, improve, modify etc etc to satisfy my ADD. :p The only problem is, either way, it's going to end up expensive. I have a .308 Howa 1500 with a 20" barrel that I bought new for around $570 and I was really keen on jazzing it...
  7. Fumbles

308 build or buy?

If you go Mossberg Patriot.....take a look at the Varmint model. Whatever you get, get one with a 24" medium bull barrel or bull barrel. Problem is...from what I see only the .308, 5.56 and .204 Ruger Varmint versions have the 24" barrel. The 6.5CM has a 20".
  8. Fumbles

Gun vise

That's what I was thinking Ripjack. Make something out of wood. You could make it self clamping also so you don't need a vise. After all it does not need to hold the barrel overly securely like a barrel vise.....just enough to hold it while cleaning. It wood be a great project. :D:p
  9. Fumbles

308 build or buy?

Why not look at a Ruger Precision Rifle in 6.5 Creedmoor or the Howa Chassis rifle if you truly want to shoot to longer distances, precision rifle style. They have the cool AR black rifle look but are bolt action for better precision and come with a steel bottom metal/detachable box magazines...
  10. Fumbles

930 JM Pro trigger.

Well, alrighty then........:D
  11. Fumbles

930 JM Pro trigger.

Hi folks.... I've been a fairly serious rifle and handgun shooter for over 35yrs..... however.........I'm brand new to shotgun. How sad is that? Why, I don't know. I've always wanted one, but here I'm only getting around to it some 35 years later. I picked up a Mossberg 930 JM Pro, fitted the...
  12. Fumbles

F1 blackout project- update page 3

Sweet! Thanks. I admire your work and seeing that project through from start to finish.
  13. Fumbles

F1 blackout project- update page 3

If I may ask, how does your can compare to commercial cans in terms of sound reduction? I've enjoyed this thread. Nice work. Of course one can only dream in California.
  14. Fumbles

AK trigger too light?

Yeah I bought a few bags of X39 soft points and there is polymer tipped as well. Barnes, Nosler and Lapua (and perhaps others)make Boat Tail OTM bullets....Open Tip Match. It's possible Sierra has a good offering. I think AK's shoot quite well. It will be interesting to load to match grade for...
  15. Fumbles

Greetings from Lost Angeles

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Scoop.....most people don't know that Michael Chiklis is a very accomplished bass player and singer. Before he got into acting for a living he played in cover bands and he was fond of Sting as a musician...and specifically the music of The Police. While I...
  16. Fumbles

Thanks guys. I might look at reloading, however my reloading area is cramped quarters as it is. The idea of custom loads is interesting though.
  17. Fumbles

Hi all......thanks for accepting me here. I'm long time shooter and avid firearms owner and enthusiast. I have been shooting since I was in the military many moons ago....not this man's army.....I was in the South African military during the Angola Bush war period. Over the years I have...
  18. Fumbles

AK trigger too light?

Not to be a jerk but it sounds like technique and no disrespect but I sense you are way overthinking things. Grip the rifle firmly, pull it back into your shoulder pocket, don't put too much cheek on the stock...light cheek pressure unless you want your cheek slapped, and squeeze off a round...
Back