• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Ky wonder

Choke for steel shot

of course since you have a removable choke I would guess your gun is ok for steel shoot, if its an old gun with a choke added you need to be sure the gun will survive steel shot, old guns were not meant to launch steel shot and the barrels will take a beating with steel
  2. Ky wonder

opening day memories

second week had a son in law take a doe Tuesday afternoon and then we let it set quiet until the weekend, had this buck on the cull list since 2015, finally got him in distance for anyone who thinks a 308 is not a good caliber for whitetail, this buck was taken at 300 yds with the patriot 308...
  3. Ky wonder

Scope suggestions

I attended the jungle warfare sniper course in panama canal zone back in the 1970s before the army sniper school at ft benning was developed, we shot 3x9x40 with standard crosshairs, and learned hold over and how to judge wind, and I have no problems hitting 1 gallon milk jugs with a 3x9x40 out...
  4. Ky wonder

Scope suggestions

I recently bought a patriot 308 and mounted a Tasco world class 3x9x40 ($50) on it and it works great, the glass is clear and sharp at all magnification, no edge distortion, light gathering is as good as my leupold rifleman, I actually can see deer with it at 200 yds. that I cant see with my eye...
  5. Ky wonder

opening day memories

The lonesome hollow cabin was filled with my nephews and their children Friday night laughter was everywhere Friday night, as the kids played and told stories and the good lord shared his bounty early Saturday morning as the younger children split up and went to the blinds with granddaddy and...
  6. Ky wonder

Alabama monster hog

now I have raised a lot of hogs in my time, including a big duroc boar that was bigger than the boar pictured, and the first thing you do is cut them tuskers off when they are born, you don't want anything like that in with your stock because there dangerous to your other hogs, so I am...
  7. Ky wonder

Whoa ! Big bird suprise !

trade that trap for some good dogs, nothing like live catching a big mean hog by the rear legs while the dogs are on the ears, I have done that in the same area of the wiregrass while living in enterprise in the 80s and 90s
  8. Ky wonder

the secret is out photo heavy

through the years we have had some success on the farm here and old 10 point these two were taken the same morning within 5 minutes of each other, a 10 and a 12 heres a nice 9 point a young 10 point my nephews 8 point these are justa few that have been taken off the place we have...
  9. Ky wonder

.308 for deer ?

the 30 caliber round has taken everything on the continent, and has been doing it for over 120 years, the us krag Jorgensen service rifle shooting the 30 government cartridge as well as the 1985 Winchester 30 govt. were both shooting 30-40 ammo, the old 1893 marlin and 1894 winchester was the...
  10. Ky wonder

Patriot 308 ammo

my 308 kyrptec banshee rifle likes corelocks 150 gr best of the three major brands Remington, federal, Winchester, I have yet to run any 168 grain stuff through it but I am sure it will tighten up, but have no problem with 1moa in any of the listed rounds the 168 grain hpbt is the premiere...
  11. Ky wonder

Why does Mossberg get no respect?

I also love lever guns but have yet to shoot the Mossberg variety since I am well supplied in marlin models as well as a couple of old Winchesters that is a pre 64 model 70 target in 30-06,at the top of the bed
  12. Ky wonder

OK now I understand, and my response to those remarks is always to offer my gun and a hundred dollar bill, against their rifle, if they can out shoot my gun, I have yet ever had someone to take that offer up, I have done that same thing with my old 44us and had no takers, of course I have had...
  13. Ky wonder

I just posted a thread about my new 308 patriot, and the reason I bought it, and I will admit that I was provoked to pull the trigger on the purchase after watching you tube videos of scoutlooks 2016 top 10 deer rifle review, I have a 44us (A) that is one of the best shooting rim fires I ever...
  14. Ky wonder

new member with a new patriot story

I will admit that I have loved shooting long guns for decades, and have owned and still have everything from famous brands to one off customs Though I have always liked the old 22 Mossberg 44us in my safe it has also been the ugliest gun in my safe. through the past few years after Mossberg...
  15. Ky wonder

new member from the hart of KY

long time shooter and gun owner from south central ky ky wonder is a string green bean, and I use it as a tribute to an old friend who went by the name string bean who was shot down in the early 1970's
Back