• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Bridgebuster

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

I was single minded when I signed up. My screen name is Bridgebuster, which refers to my dad's bomber squadron from WWII, The Burma Bridge Busters, 490th Bombardment Squadron from the 341st Bombardment Group in the 10th Air Force (Army Air Corp at the time). The avatar was the squadron...
  2. Bridgebuster

Mag tube won't screw into receiver on 500A

Thanks folks for helping me on this. I took the advice above and contacted Joseph Zakher jzakher@maverickarms.com He assured me that it would fit but that it would take some muscle. He promised that it would not damage the receiver or mag tube. He said even there in the factory they have to...
  3. Bridgebuster

Thank you brother. What a wonderful asset this forum is! I'll certainly give it a shot, and report back what happened.
  4. Bridgebuster

Thanks RichardL. I thought about that and took the "guts" out of both mag tubes; same problem. The original tube goes into the older 500A smooth as silk. The newer 500 (longer) mag tube goes in a turn and a half and just stops. Refuses to go any further and I'm extremely reluctant to try to...
  5. Bridgebuster

I have an older 500A combo pak (18" barrel and 28" barrel, walnut stock and pistol grip, from early 80s. I also bought a new 500 and conversion kit to build what amounts to one of the new Shockwave 14" before they actually released the Shockwave already setup. I decided I would like to put the...
  6. Bridgebuster

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

My avatar honors my dad's B25 squadron from WWII as does my user name. The avatar is actually a scan of one of his leather squadron insignia patches he wore in combat on his flight jacket. The 490th Bombardment Squadron of the 341st Bombardment Group was called The Burma Bridge Busters. He...
Back