• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Tomac

New Crimson Trace laser for shockwave

Sorry to hear that, both of mine are still going strong.
  2. Tomac

I ordered from Anacortes Gun Shop in WA state. They shipped a week after I ordered (on a Saturday) and I got it 3 days after that.
  3. Tomac

While I can see possible uses for a laser, I've never been a fan and have never used them before. My range-toy Shockwaves have been promoted to bedroom defense (far more effective than any handgun and more maneuverable in close quarters than a longarm) but any kind of aiming is crude at best...
  4. Tomac

I ordered one for testing (green laser), I'll post a range report w/pics once it arrives and I've had a chance to try it out. Tomac
  5. Tomac

I hate Aguila's Minishells

If you have a Cabelas nearby, they sell their 2.25" Herters 6-pellet 00 load. Picked up a couple of boxes for testing but haven't fired any yet. Tomac
  6. Tomac

Shockwave HD Ammo Question

Thx for the reply. 1) Agreed, that's why I'm not overly concerned w/capacity, but am interested in weighing the tradeoffs between power/price/capacity. 2) Already done (edited OP to include Shockwave pic), for in-house use am thinking of 5+1 #1 buck, plus 3x12-pellet 00 buck & 2 slugs in the...
  7. Tomac

Shockwave HD Ammo Question

My Shockwaves w/the S&J +1 extension will barely hold 6+1 rds of std star-crimped 2.75". However, I've picked up a quantity of the S&B 2.75" 9-pellet 00 & 12-pellet #1 buck loads for HD (currently #1 buck in the bedroom Shockwave to reduce the chances of overpenetration). I like the recoil...
  8. Tomac

Shockwave Photos

ETA: That's 1.25" off the front (purchased a 2nd Shockwave and just finished doing the accessories/mods to make it identical to my first). I now have one Shockwave in the bedroom 24/7 and the other in the safe for training/backup, I plan on rotating them every few months. :D Tomac Also...
  9. Tomac

Shockwave HD: Capacity or Power?

Thx but I can handle std-power ammo well and don't need/want low/reduced-recoil (however, should my petite wife decide she wants a Shockwave, Hornady TAP would be at the top of my list of ammo for her to try). Tomac
  10. Tomac

Flashlight and mount recommendations

Old thread, I know, but my $.02 worth: Streamlight RM-1 on a GG&G Shockwave mount, doesn't interfere w/cycling the action yet button is easily accessed w/the support-hand thumb:
  11. Tomac

Shockwave HD: Capacity or Power?

Update: I like my Shockwave so much for in-house close-in defense that I've purchased another outfitted the same way (one for the bedroom 24/7, the other in the safe for training/backup, rotate them every 6 months). After much experimentation, I've decided the most powerful 2.75" rd I can...
  12. Tomac

Forearm preference...

NOTE: I re-measured the bobbed Hogue, and I took 1-1/8" off the front, not 1.5".
  13. Tomac

930 Tactical HD: GTG?

Love my Mossy Shockwave, but have always had a hankering for a semi-auto. I like the price/specs/looks of the 930 Tactical HD (can pick one up NIB for $399 shipped), am leery of the reported 930 problems but haven't been able to find much on the 7+1 930 Tactical HD. I won't be running 3-gun or...
  14. Tomac

Forearm preference...

Bobbed Hogue for me (took 1.5" off the front).
  15. Tomac

Shockwave Photos

1.5" off the front.
  16. Tomac

Shockwave Photos

After much experimentation, here's my final Shockwave (now safely ensconced in my bedroom), the abbreviated Hogue forend makes a big difference!:
  17. Tomac

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

Yes I did, the stock nut fits just fine.
  18. Tomac

Shockwave Photos

Shockwave w/Hogue overmolded forend (cut 1.25" off the front to get it to fit):
  19. Tomac

Forend options looking for recommendations

I know this is an older thread, but for those who might be interested the Hogue overmolded forend fits the Shockwave if you trim 1.25" off the front. Feels great now! Tomac
  20. Tomac

Mossberg 590 Shock Wave

For those who are interested, I finally got the Hogue overmolded forend to fit my Shockwave by cutting 1.25" off the front, definitely feels better than the factory corncob! Tomac
Back