• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Tranteruk

My MVP Patrols

I have two MVP Patrols, one in 5.56 and the other in 7.62. The set up is fairly standard, both sporting 1-6 scopes and the 5.56 with a Tromix ally mag well. Both shoot fairly well and manage both Magpul PMags G3, Mil surp steel and even a couple of steel H&K 20rd I found. I am especially fond of...
  2. Tranteruk

Harris Bipod and 7.62 Patrol

Ah the falling out of the deerstand technique. I was never able to hold a steady bead that way.
  3. Tranteruk

Harris Bipod and 7.62 Patrol

My Harris bipod dragged the front stud out of the stock on my Mossberg Patrol. I have replaced the stud with a generous helping of high strength glue. Has anyone else had this happen? I have considered replacing it with a nut / screw AR type stud, maybe drill right through and have a washer...
  4. Tranteruk

9mm AR's

I am kinda with John A. Ask yourself, whats different about the what happens to the last round compared to the others? I would take a look at the follower. Thats going to have a different effect on the cartridge. Easy cure might be clean and polish the top of the follower. All rounds except the...
  5. Tranteruk

Good morning

Good evening (GMT) to all fellow Mossberg owners. I am adrift at the moment, between contracts. I have discovered there is a coloration between free time and expense re shooting. You spend more, when you shouldn't.
  6. Tranteruk

If you could only have one rifle would it be the MVP?

If curious, I have a plan I have considered but not done yet to reduce mag wobble on my MVP Patrol. A grub screw into the plastic to the rear of the magazine with a washer which hangs over the well, very slightly. File back the front edge until play between the rear spine of the mag and the...
  7. Tranteruk

I agree with Stampeed Valkries points. Accuracy is far from ideal, I attribute this to the 16" barrel. But I wouldn't buy this for long range target work, its supposed to be an all rounder and that includes a short OL. I admit, I want better and continue to try various weights, makes etc. in the...
  8. Tranteruk

9mm AR's

Re Stoppages.....We also used to use coins, the old british penny was ideal, in the M16/ M4 mag tube under the spring to vary the strength. The only answer I found to flipping spent cases was keeping the working parts clean and well lubed (best quality teflon based). Also, oddly letting out the...
  9. Tranteruk

9mm AR's

I had a 9mm M4 for several years, used UZI mags, which I could get by the bucket. Did have to cut a higher retaining slot. Main problem, unless kept super clean was cases getting stuck in the receiver. They would flip around and stay inside. Otherwise, within the limitations of 9mm, a lot of...
  10. Tranteruk

Not just because it's this forum, but I think the MVP series offer amazing value for money. I have two, (different calibre's), and have no complaints. Sure on the 5.56 the mags are wobbly, a bit. This doesn't cause me any problems, and I use Magpul and USGI 20 rds (slightly modded). Oddly...
  11. Tranteruk

Post Your EDC Blade

There you go. Bought it when they first appeared by Benchmade. I thought it was the bees knees, best most practical folder I had ever seen. Carried it for many years in several countries. Done most things from opening cans, to freeing a firearm stoppage or two to minor surgery. Unlike me, its...
  12. Tranteruk

Good morning

Ah, warm fuzzy feelings. Flattered of course, but should point out I am happily married.
  13. Tranteruk

Good morning

Just went from a three Mossberg owner to a two. PX'd my 12g.... Can I still stay around?
  14. Tranteruk

IDF question ?

When down there in the 80s it was described to me as 'the eye of the storm'. Many diddnt realise how many were there from far and wide, and for various reasons. It was to a large degree the 'testing ground'. Not speaking the language my conversations mostly started with 'do you speak English'. A...
  15. Tranteruk

Scout & Patrol differences?

I have never heard of the LER being connected to clearing stoppages, though I can see the point, its not a strong one . Also, as one part of the scout recipe is an interchangeable magazine, top feeding should not be an issue. I think the principle was to encourage easy shouldering, sighting and...
  16. Tranteruk

Meprolight Tritium Bead craps out in less than a year

I had them on a Browning Hi Power, and they were bright after four years plus.. Just saying..
  17. Tranteruk

Scout & Patrol differences?

If considering the forward mounted rail with long eye relief scope try to test one out beforehand. I like Coopers basic principle of the scout, and had been fortunate enough to talk with him about it. But I never got on with LER scopes. The scout rifle weight, length, calibre are I think sound...
  18. Tranteruk

ADJUSTABLE POWER: Hunting Scope Options

I used to favour simple reticles, German No.4 being my favourite. Recently been using a couple with BDC marks and you know what? Wish I had stuck with simple. I guess like most things it depends what you want from it, however for general use, hunting, mid range target simples better. I may have...
  19. Tranteruk

Identify this sling?

Great slings when properly fitted. Most I see in use are not. The one above is perfect...
  20. Tranteruk

IDF question ?

I did some cross training down there in the 80s. Their rifle and handgun training was second to none. I was very impressed. With the notable exception of their handgun condition 3 carry. Thats an empty chamber. Having said that in the interest of balance I tried their system on a range. Draw the...
Back