• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Ernst

Good morning

Thought for the Day
  2. Ernst

pictures that make you lol

3. Ernst

Mossberg 500/persuader retro safety issue

I think the 5 hole plate is part of their *^$@# proofing so people don't need to think about which way to install the plate. I assume all the new guns come with a five hole plate so it can be installed either way and/or even upside down. Simplify the part and eliminate service calls! I know...
  4. Ernst

Glad you noticed the plate. I saw it in your picture but looked like it was stuck under the lever because of the thread sealer. Normally you don't need thread locker if you tighten the screw well given it doesn't really have any up and down movement. Sometimes the little ball and spring get...
  5. Ernst

6. Ernst

7. Ernst

8. Ernst

9. Ernst

There is one other trick if you're initially having trouble getting the lever screw loose. As you turning the screwdriver counter clockwise take a hammer and tap lightly on the end of the screwdriver handle. This tapping will help break the screw loose. Most factory installed screws don't...
  10. Ernst

Good morning

Think many folks have grow weary of the time change manadate for no practical reason especially when you see certain states who do not even participate. And while it's only an hour twice a year it does affect people's biological clocks. Plus most of the world doesn't follow our self imposed...
  11. Ernst

1. Pull the action fully to the rear to open the action 2. Safety lever to the rear in safe position 3. Remove the screw as described above 4. As you remove the screw hold the lever down to keep the base plate, ball and spring from flying away 5. Once parts removed make sure the safety part...
  12. Ernst

Good morning

Thought for the Day
  13. Ernst

Good morning

Husker88, know this may be a radical idea but given your shoulder issues you might want to also looks at a Shockwave. I've been using one since they first came out and the recoil is down you forearm given the birds head grip design. No impact on your shoulders. And yes, you can aim it once...
  14. Ernst

Good morning

After all these years of shooting one I would still recommend a pump shotgun and while I'm partial to Mossberg others are also good. Not downplaying a semiauto but as this forum will attest they can be finicky at times depending on the ammunition, especially reduced recoil offerings. And...
  15. Ernst

Any Hard Floor Wax should do fine. Down here SC Johnson Paste Wax is typically available at places like Walmart and various hardware and big box home stores. But any good floor wax will do and a small can will last you a lifetime because it doesn't take much to coat a stock. Regards
  16. Ernst

Take 2-3 square pieces of masking tape stacked and using your finger press then into the screw slot. This helps give you purchase on the one way screw. Then take an appropriate sized screwdriver whose width is the same as the screw slot and applying some pressure to the taped screw head...
  17. Ernst

18. Ernst

My guess is the small steel ball is out of place or has some debris causing the stuck lever. In the interim you can carefully loosen the retaining screw and take it apart. Just watch for flying parts. A little lube will help when reassembling the safety. Regarding care of the wood. The old...
  19. Ernst

Good morning

Back