• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. FlashThunder85

Mossberg MVP barrel question

Does anyone happen to know the muzzle diameter of the Mossberg MVP 5.56 medium bull barrel? Thanks in advance.
  2. FlashThunder85

SEARCHING FOR MVP 5.56

Hey all. I am looking everywhere for a Mossberg MVP in 5.56 with the threaded medium bull barrel. I see Mossberg has discontinued the rifle line in the 5.56 chambering. Does anyone know where to look or anyone who would like to sell? I would take any model at this point as long as it is not the...
  3. FlashThunder85

Want to buy an MVP Predator

Looking for an MVP in 5.56 with medium bull barrel and threaded muzzle. If you're interested in selling, know anyone who would consider selling one or know where to look, please let me know! Thank you!
  4. FlashThunder85

MVP EGW Rail question

Hey MVP shooters! I have a question. I recently bought an EGW 0-MOA Picatinny rail for my MVP Predator 5.56mm. I installed it and realized right away that my scope sits about 1/4" higher than it did on my Weaver mounts that came stock on the rifle. Now with that being said, after the fact, I...
  5. FlashThunder85

Mossberg 835 GrandSlam light primer strike

Hey guys, I have a Mossberg 835 grandslam model I bought in 2011, and every so often i get a light primer strike. If i rechamber the round with the light strike, it fires on the next trigger pull. I noticed also on every shot, the firing pin strikes the primer off center no matter what brand of...
  6. FlashThunder85

Barrel questions

Hey Guys, I have an early model MVP Predator in 5.56mm. I have never had an issue with it, Id say the closest thing to having a problem was finding ammo that the gun fired accurately. AE red box, 55gr. 223 and Winchester Varmint-X rounds are most accurate and I can fire them all day and the...
  7. FlashThunder85

MVP open sights installation

Hey guys. Does anyone know who the manufacturer is that Mossberg uses for the open sights on the MVP LR Tactical? Or the MVP Patrol? I am looking to install them on my MVP Predator, and with the Mossberg MVP picatinny rail I added, I need those same high sights like on the patrol and lr tactical...
  8. FlashThunder85

Open sights

Does anyone know who makes the open sights on the MVP Patrol and LR Tactical models? I have the same setup only its on a Predator model and I want to put open sights on, only thing is, with the picatinny rail (from egw), i need higher sitting open sights like on the patrol and lr tactical...
  9. FlashThunder85

Mossberg MVP open sights

Does anyone out there with an MVP Patrol or MVP LR Tactical happen to know what brand of open sights come stock on the rifles? Is it a certain company that has their brand stamp on them? Or is it just a generic sight like many of their scoped models? I ask because I am looking to purchase open...
  10. FlashThunder85

Installing iron sights

Hey all, I have a Mossberg MVP Predator 5.56. just swapped out the weaver bases for a Mossberg picatinny rail and bought Leupold Rifleman see through scope rings in hopes of installing iron sights. A few years back it was misting rain out and I was just about to move to another spot after...
  11. FlashThunder85

MVP .5.56mm barrel swap possible???

Guys I have a Mossberg MVP Predator, early model with a 20" "sporter" style barrel. I have a couple things to state. First off the rifle is a tack driver, especially for a guy like myself that gets sub MOA at 200 yards and uses factory ammo (have not the space yet to get into reloading). I...
  12. FlashThunder85

MVP .5.56mm barrel swap???

Guys I have a Mossberg MVP Predator, early model with a 20" "sporter" style barrel. I have a couple things to state. First off the rifle is a tack driver, especially for a guy like myself that gets sub MOA at 200 yards and uses factory ammo (have not the space yet to get into reloading). I...
  13. FlashThunder85

HEAVY WALLED BARREL vs. STANDARD 835 BARREL

Hey guys. I have been wondering what the exact thickness of the barrel walls are on the 590A1 heavy-walled barrel and the standard Mossberg 835 barrel? Are they the Same or is the 590A1 thicker? I know the barrels are interchangeable. If you look closely, the 590A1 design has borrowed a lot form...
  14. FlashThunder85

MVP Predator drop bolt question

Hey everyone, I have a Mossberg MVP Predator in 5.56mm. Ive had it for about 5 years now and probably put around 800 rounds through it without a single failure to feed, fire or eject. My first question about the bolt however is regarding the drop push feed mechanism. On my bolt, when I take the...
  15. FlashThunder85

MVP Predator bolt question

Hey everyone, I have a Mossberg MVP Predator in 5.56mm. Ive had it for about 5 years now and probably put around 800 rounds through it without a single failure to feed, fire or eject. My first question about the bolt however is regarding the drop push feed mechanism. On my bolt, when I take the...
Back