• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. veprjack

Hi From New England (on the way to AZ)

Thanks MI! I'll wave on my way by to AZ! :)
  2. veprjack

SW 20 Gauge Quick Review

"That won't be often." EXACTLY!;) After a few months in the wilds, I'll get antsy if my "ceiling" doesn't have clouds or stars!
  3. veprjack

SW 20 Gauge Quick Review

I can't wait! The quiet outdoors is where I need to be. When I want to be around humans, I'll go to the mall. lol...
  4. veprjack

SW 20 Gauge Quick Review

It's just off 191 about 25 miles north of St. Johns. It's off-grid, but that's what I wanted.
  5. veprjack

SW 20 Gauge Quick Review

My plan is to go out in a 5th wheel and take my time walking the property to see where I might want to build. Frankly, if living in the 5th wheel proves to be good enough, I might just stop there, unless some fool politician starts monkeying around with zoning laws. I've owned 7 houses in my...
  6. veprjack

SW 20 Gauge Quick Review

I bought property out in AZ years ago, and now that I'm retired I'll be heading out there in about a year. My avatar is a pic of the road they were cutting into my area in 2013. I cannot wait. I have 40 acres and there are 12,000 acres of State Trust Land abutting my backyard. Rabbits, Javalina...
  7. veprjack

SW 20 Gauge Quick Review

Good job. And who needs to pay for a range when you have THAT???
  8. veprjack

SW 20 Gauge Quick Review

It's taken me decades to fill all my SD needs to my satisfaction. I have a G26, Shield9, and LCP2 for CCW. They all function very similarly. If I could conceal the 26 in really hot weather, I wouldn't bother with the other 2 - but they are great guns too. I have an AR-15 set up for my...
  9. veprjack

SW 20 Gauge Quick Review

Great pics of your 20. That flashlight looks awesome! I didn't mention that my SW was deadly accurate and aiming it, FOR ME, was very intuitive at ranges out to 10 yards. The pattern was really good too, with the #3 keeping a nice circle from 5 yards out. I tried the laser too, and it worked...
  10. veprjack

SW 20 Gauge Quick Review

Thanks for the input!!! The LGS was supposed to put the 12 gauge version aside for me, but they messed up. A guy there who I really trust simply mentioned that he preferred the 20 and, with my instant gratification in full gear, I walked out with the 20. Based on what you're telling me, I...
  11. veprjack

SW 20 Gauge Quick Review

Just a quick review - there was over a foot of snow at the range, and I almost got stuck. I only put 5 rounds of #3 Buck through the gun, and 25 total of #7 and #8. The gun was flawless and even the Buck was very manageable. I haven't shot a 12 gauge version, so I can't compare the two. Suffice...
  12. veprjack

Quick Shockwave 12 Ga. Write-up

Thanks for the tip. I reversed the strap - problem solved!
  13. veprjack

laser mount will this work?

Duplicate post. I'm having trouble uploading pics. Bear with the noob!
  14. veprjack

laser mount will this work?

Monstrom Tactical mount. CT Green Laser.[/URL][/IMG] [/URL][/IMG] Not everyone's cup of tea, but it was just lying around unused so I thought I'd see how it looked.
  15. veprjack

I'm sure there's more stuff here than meets the eye, initially. My SW got me here, but I think I'll be staying for a lot more than that - based on what I've seen in just one day of surfing and "interaction".
  16. veprjack

My kinda place. Who knows, I might just become a REAL SG enthusiast through osmosis! Although I never caught the SG "bug" as I have with other guns, I've always had at least one. I also understand how versatile the SG is. Frankly, if I could only have one gun, it would be the SG - because it...
  17. veprjack

I'm on a lot of gun forums. Many of them contain a lot of trash talk. It's sometimes very hard to ferret out the gems among the off-topic junk and name calling. This forum seems to be more civil. I'm looking forward to learning and participating with you good folks! Thanks for the welcome.
  18. veprjack

Maverick 88 12ga, SW20ga

Maverick 88 12ga, SW20ga
  19. veprjack

Quick Shockwave 12 Ga. Write-up

Nice review! Thanks! And, thanks to the other posters who suggested fixes for the sharp corners on the forend s trap! I have a Maverick88 12 ga and love it. But, my EXCITEMENT over the SW20 I picked up yesterday is what motivated me to find this forum. Within 5 minutes of joining, I found two...
  20. veprjack

I've had a Maverick 88 12 ga for quite a while and enjoy it. Yesterday I bought a Shockwave 20 ga (my first ever 20). I hope to get out and shoot it next week. Sorry, no pics yet. My excitement over the Shockwave motivated me to join this forum. I hope to learn more about shotguns (especially...
Back