• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. C

Hammer not locking back when slide is racked?

Good news guys, I found the problem. I got the M-carbo trigger kit, and while installing it, i figured I might as well dissemble and clean the whole thing.... And found the sear spring was snapped in half, and probably doing nothing. I put the one from the cracked unit in, and now the whole...
  2. C

I'll probably just strip all the parts out of the new unit, and plop the ones from the old unit in, hopefully that fixes it.
  3. C

At this rate, I see maverick 88's going for $100 on gunbroker, so it might be better to buy a new one, but might as well look at this one first. The entire body fot he trigger unit was cracked through about a 1/4 inch behind the trigger guard, its very possible that it was dropped on the...
  4. C

I have not loaded it with anything but snap caps since replacing the trigger unit, because I fear the hammer riding the bolt could result in a "slam fire" sort of situation, so although dangerous, I've tried to take appropriate precautions by not using it. The issue is that the trigger doesn't...
  5. C

Sometimes when I rack the slide back to load the 500, the hammer doesn't lock back;/down in the ready to fire position, I'm concerned it will ride the bolt and fire when pumped, and fire when the slide is pushed forward. I'm only have this issue after replacing the trigger pack with a new one...
Back