• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. romad

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

The serial number thread is here: http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/mossberg-serial-number-data-base.13187/
  2. romad

OK. Now while that is all well and good, to bury size requirements in another place but NOT also put them in the logical location where they apply is a major oversight. I've been on several forums (I was even the SPAM Moderator on one) and the avatar size maximums were listed where a member set...
  3. romad

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

Oops, you put the wrong date for T727xxx. According to Mossberg, it is June 2010.
  4. romad

Never received a response to my emailed request so I called them today. For the 12GA I bought in late 1988, serial number K324xxx, all they could say was in was sometime in 1988 or 1989. Based on this entry (K325xxx -Nov 1988) in post #1 of this thread, I surmise my K324xxx serial number was...
  5. romad

OK, then hopefully I'll hear back on Monday as I emailed them this past Wednesday, the 5th.
  6. romad

OK, Ground FACs were like me on the ground with an Army unit. Air FACs were those that flew FAC aircraft (Cessna's O-1 Bird Dog, O-2 Skymaster & NA Rockwell's OV10 Bronco II) and directed airstrikes from them. Fast FAC's did the job while flying F-100 Super Sabres! Hmm, looks like he was...
  7. romad

Ground FAC, Air FAC, or Fast FAC?
  8. romad

How long did it take Mossberg to reply? I've sent my request fo info on my two Mossberg 500s (one bought in 1988 and the other in 2010).
  9. romad

It is the crest of the USAF Tactical Air Control Parties (TACP). It is worn on a shield-shaped flash of blue and green denoting "Air" & "Ground" respectively. The crest and flash are worn by the enlisted members of the TACP on black berets. TACP officers wear rank insignia in lieu of the crest...
  10. romad

Well, once I lowered the JPEG quality enough to get the size to 50KB, it uploaded just fine. I just thought that the avatar size requirements of 200 x 200 pixels minimum and a max of 50 KB should be shown together at the start.
  11. romad

I went to add an avatar and was told it had to be at least 200 x 200 pixels. So I chose one that met those requirements but when I tried to use it I was told there was a maximum 50 KB size! Suggestion: The 50 KB size limitation should be listed WITH the pixel size on the first page.
  12. romad

Model Identification Help: Which Mossberg 500 Do I Have?

I have a 500 12 GA from 1988 and a 500 .410 cal from 2010. I've asked Mossberg for the actual build dates for both.
Back