• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. RussMo

Creeping safety?

I'm interested in knowing the malfunction on this one. Please post what you find out. Safety issue's like these need to be spread around.
  2. RussMo

Recoil Pad options for 590?

Same here!!! I went with the Overmold and I love the thing. Very comfortable. ;)
  3. RussMo

What are the differences among the 500, 590, and 590A1?

Man I'm not seeing it :shock: . This is what I am seeing in the 590 SP section but it doesn't mention 590A1 SPECIAL PURPOSE SHOTGUN - 590® SPECIAL PURPOSE - 9 SHOT 9 SHOT 51663 12 3" HVY WALL BBL, MTL TRIGGER GRD./SAFETY 9 20" GHOST RING¨ CYLINDER BORE 41" 14 1/2" 1 1/2" 2 1/8" MATTE BLUE...
  4. RussMo

Thanks for the post Brother!!! Yep I went and checked my 2012 Mossy Cat and I did in fact have it in the 590A1 listings. It was just there web site that through me. I have been around pea shooters awhile and seen mistakes in listing before, but with MOSSBERG I hadn't.
  5. RussMo

OK, question to y'all. I have a 590A1 stamped on the left side receiver wall, Mod: 51663 Now if you go to the MOSSBERG website the 51663 is NOT listed in the 590A1 section but I found it in the 500 & 590 section :? . What's up with that? Mine is the 3443, Hvy Wall, Metal Safety and Metal Trigger...
  6. RussMo

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Springs

Re: Mossberg 590 Pump Action Mag Tubes: Extensions and Sprin Think I'm going to grab a couple of the Wolff Srings for my 590A1 as well, thanks for the info gents.
  7. RussMo

Is this rust?

Some of those pics, enjoy Here shows some of the pitting around the barrel/receiver ring which your best bet to leave well enough alone. Clean it and try your best to curtail any future corrosion. Here is one of the cases that you leave the patina well enough alone as well. She is in pretty...
  8. RussMo

Is this rust?

Been trying to get back here for a month, I’ve either been sick, tired or just sick and tired. Worked 96 hours last week and my rear is dragging. The very first thing you do is insure the firearm is unloaded and safe to work on PERIOD. Your safety and the safety of those around you is 1st and...
  9. RussMo

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: Mossy 500 unlock on firing Very good post indeed!!! I have run into that same thing and when I was young had the same thoughts of I must have a problem. Then I slowed down and looked at the dynamics of what was going on. When you pull the trigger, hammer falls, and then the locking bolt...
  10. RussMo

Is this rust?

Kinda late getting in on this and glad everything worked out for you TNSAF!!! I have seen stuff like that before especially if I bought a gun and then relocated to a different part of the country. I bought a Rem 870 down on the Islands in Southeast Alaska and then moved to the Anchorage area...
  11. RussMo

Bug-out Vehicles (BOV's)

My BOV :D
  12. RussMo

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Stock Options

Well you pack of buggers made me do it. I have read everything here and else where regarding stock options and as much as I like/dislike the collaspables I am OLD school in that I still like the standard type stocks. Just one twist, I have grown real partial to the HOGUE line and had a stock on...
  13. RussMo

Can't find 590A1 model#51660

I had been eyeing these for a while and I agree as it took me a while to get my 51663 located. Even the 6-shots are difficult to find like the 51517.
  14. RussMo

Where is the love for the old Model 183

I have had this old Mossberg M-183DF since 1965. Still have the original pouch w/extra choke and the choke wrench ;) . It was my 1st gun and I've shot alot of small game with this joker. Dad tought me from the time I was about 5 years old on how to handle a firearm and at age 9 I guess he...
  15. RussMo

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: Finally got my 590A1 20" Well I didn't know if it was cool to start my own thread regarding getting my 590A1 so I'am adding it here. Hope the OP doesn't mind or if I'm breaking any rules please let me know. Man I wish I had bought one of these freaken years ago. HOLY SMOKES this is one fine...
  16. RussMo

Hey Dave, Got any pics on what you had to do to your Hogue??? I was thinking about picking up the Hogue Butt and Forestock for my 590A1 when it shows up. I know I want the butt stock for sure but debadting about the F-stock.
  17. RussMo

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! 590 photo thread!

Re: Finally got my 590A1 20" Great looking pea shooters Brother!!! Man I can't wait to get mine...
  18. RussMo

The Anatomy Of A Shotshell...

Thanks for the info oli!!! Sacrific is a painful thing but sometimes necessary to get the point across. I hadn't cut into any of the copper plated shot yet and was wondering about the size uniformity. Thanks again...
  19. RussMo

Mossberg 590 Pump Action Accessories

Man this is like the adult version of Toys Are Us!!! I can't wait until my 590A1 shows up.
  20. RussMo

Busse, Scrap Yard, and Swamp Rat blades.....

Actually that is one of the reasons I had to have them. The grips on these are G-10 and will out last any natural material like bone, wood and antler. I dropped a small knife on conrete and it landed right on the grip plate in -10"F weather and to my disbelief it was not chipped or damaged...
Back