• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Del Rio Rancher

4 Shot Zero

Took my new Patriot to the ranch this weekend. This one has walnut stock and came equipped wit a Vortex Crossfire II 3X9X40 scope. Caliber 30-06 Springfield. First shot, left center target at 7 O'clock Second shot, right center target at 9:30. Third shot, right top target at 7 O'clock (My bad...
  2. Del Rio Rancher

Bullet for .270?

Just a question for those of you who own a Patriot .270. What ammo/bullet do you use for deer hunting? I have seen a comparison between a Mossberg Patriot and a Savage Axis. The Savage showed a bit more accuracy than the Mossberg. So far, I have found the same thing, although I got a one shot...
  3. Del Rio Rancher

30 Year Old Drop Point

Pictured is my second attempt at knifemaking. 30 Years ago, I was manager of a machine shop in Houston. The shop was equipped with a small heat treating furnace and had all the equipment necessary to machine any metal parts required to build a knife. In addition, one of the products manufactured...
  4. Del Rio Rancher

Short Shot

Broke the cherry on my new Patriot. Buck came out of the brush at 25 yards, scope set at 10 power with zero time to reset. Solid .270 hit, buck ran about 70 yards and piled up. From now on scope will be set at lowest power!
  5. Del Rio Rancher

Weekend Target

My target buck for first weekend in December.
  6. Del Rio Rancher

Hello from Del Rio Texas

Bought my second "black" rifle. Other one is a Savage Axis XP. The Patriot is .270 Winchester. Plan to shoot some of my 130 grain reloads that work fine in my Winchester Pre-64 Mod 70. I am impressed with the rifles looks and quality. Next, a trip to the rifle range. Del Rio Hunter
Back