• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Susie

20 vs 12, bird hunting, engraving

Hi, Everyone! How are you all doing? I haven't had a chance to shoot my gun! The local ranges won't allow the Shockwave. I recently purchased my Pennsylvania State Game Hunting and Fishing Licenses. I'm hoping to go to to a State Game Land range, very soon! I really want to learn how this gun...
  2. Susie

That sounds like a wonderful area to live in. I have a very deep appreciation for nature, and for Native American traditions and lore.
  3. Susie

Thank you so much!
  4. Susie

My pheasant was a white hen. They filleted it for me. I took it home and gently cooked it in water in a frying pan with just a little salt and pepper. I didn't remember ever eating pheasant, so I really wanted to taste it. It was delicious! I also kept the bird's white wings. Your comment about...
  5. Susie

Thank you. It was a fantastic day for me, for many reasons. I had to laugh. A sponsor gave each of us a box of shells. I used 3 shells (2 of them being shots I took to keep the State Game guy quiet). Another lady used her entire box, plus half of a box that she brought with her! She didn't get a...
  6. Susie

I like this comment, very much. I was using a borrowed, heavy (to me) 12 gauge, when I shot a pheasant. It was exactly as described here, a smooth, natural action, pointing the shotgun in the general direction of the bird and it's fight path. The State Game Commission man was snapping at me, all...
  7. Susie

Thank you so much for your input. I did aquire a 20 gauge Shockwave, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. The gun shop owner recently showed me an aftermarket attachment for the Shockwave to make it into a longer shotgun. The attachment cost is about $130.00. I'm not sure who the...
  8. Susie

Gun cases for shockwave

I love the custom case you made! Very nice!
  9. Susie

Thank you for this nice reply. I totally understand everything you wrote. I am getting a Shockwave, for no exact purpose. I just wanted to know what owners have used it for and how they like it. I am not an avid hunter, but I would like to try a few things. This will be my first gun purchase and...
  10. Susie

Thank you for this great advice. I'm not buying a gun for bird hunting. I'm buying this gun because I can't stop thinking about it since I saw it at an event. I was just wondering what owners have used it for and how they like it. Does your wife like her 500? I will consider something like that...
  11. Susie

Thank you for the nice welcome. I am solely searching for info about the Shockwave. (The engraved gun photos are most welcome, even though it is the standard shotgun. I'm glad he posted those.) I've watched the videos and I understand the differences between the standard and the Shockwave. I'm...
  12. Susie

Thank you for writing to me. I am leaning towards the 20 gauge. I will be looking for a gun club and/or a target places to practice. What was your favorite bird to eat?
  13. Susie

Thank you for posting the photos. I like those! I would like to personalize my gun. Once it's done, I'll post some photos.
  14. Susie

Thank you for taking the time to reply. When I went pheasant hunting, I used a 12 gauge that was loaned from the PA State Game Commission. It was my first and only pheasant hunting experience and it was AWESOME! If I go bird hunting again, it will be for pheasant, chukars, and turkey. I've...
  15. Susie

Thank you so much for this info. I am listening to all of the responses and I'll make a decision by this Saturday. The dog in my avatar was my best buddy. He passed away 3 years ago and I have yet to get another. I think 2019 will bring me some nice life changes and I will get another dog...
  16. Susie

Thank you so much.
  17. Susie

Thank you. I was wondering if engraving would cause any damage/rust, etc.
  18. Susie

Thank you so much for all of this awesome info! I really appreciate you taking the time to write. Have you ever had a gun engraved/personalized?
  19. Susie

Hi All. I've gone target shooting and pheasant hunting, but the 590 will be my first-ever gun purchase. I've watched some videos and I've been reading some of the posts on this site and other websites. I'd like to hear 590 owners' opinions on 12 vs 20 gauge. Has anyone ever gone bird hunting...
  20. Susie

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

I found it on Facebook when I searched for Mossberg owners.
Back