• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Mossbergermeister

Does anybody know what size one-way screwdriver is needed to remove the safety screw?

Way back in January I bought a NDZ Performance replacement safety switch for my Mossberg 590 Shockwave. Long, painful story short, the online instructions provided regarding how to easily remove the one-way screw didn't work, nor did any additional instructions that I looked up, so I eventually...
  2. Mossbergermeister

Why on earth does Mossberg use a one-way screw to hold the safety?

So, I just got done attempting to fit my 590 Shockwave with an NDZ Safety Switch, but while attempting to remove the stock safety, I stripped the stupid tamper-resistant screw. For reasons which are beyond my comprehension as well as common-sense, Mossberg uses a one-way, tamper resistant screw...
  3. Mossbergermeister

Should I prioritize fitting my Shockwave with an aftermarket safety?

I see the subject come up frequently when it comes to the Mossberg 500 Series of Shotguns (save for the 590A1 with the Aluminum safety) of replacing the stock plastic safety with an aftermarket safety made of metal, and it has gotten me kind of worried. Folks seem to be concerned about the...
  4. Mossbergermeister

New year, new member, new Mossberg.

Greetings, Normally I don't do introductions when I join a new forum and prefer to lurk until I see a discussion in which I feel that I have something worthwhile to contribute then just dive right in. However, I'm going to make an exception since the forum's rules seem a bit more strict than...
Back