• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. C

Stupid question about racking (retrograde)

It's annoying to have to choose between dry firing or keeping the gun stored with tension on the firing pin since I don't love the idea of both. So just trying to gather as much info on if either cause any long term harm, and if so, which is the better choice. If keeping the gun cocked long...
  2. C

Stupid question about racking (retrograde)

Just got a 590 retrograde. I'm not really a shotgun guy so I have a really stupid question. I want to be able to rack the shotgun but I also don't want to dry fire it. I do not have snap caps right now and honestly have had bad experiences with them and would like to avoid using them...
  3. C

Long term storage?

Thanks so much for the reply! Honestly, by long term I probably mean around a year (which not sure if that constitutes long term). I would probably at least handle and clean it at least once a year.
  4. C

Long term storage?

Just curious if there is a "right" way to store a shotgun long term. Should it sit upright (like in a gun cabinet, closet etc) or flat? If flat, is there a specific way it should lay? (ejection port up, etc). Maybe I'm overthinking it
  5. C

Stupid Question

Yeah, I agree! I'm going to do this. Where are you finding those $7 for 10? Cheapest I can find is 2 snap caps for $10 Thanks!
  6. C

Stupid Question

Thanks! So once you first load a shell in, you cycle shells with the pump without pressing the button. Then once all the shells have cycled through and you reload, you would need to press it again? Is that correct? It's just hard because I don't have snap caps and I can't shoot it in the near...
  7. C

Stupid Question

Is it normal for it to stay depressed once the trigger has been pressed? (I am dry firing right now)
  8. C

Stupid Question

Yes, I mean the slide release button. I will re-read the instructions. I thought that this button needs to be pressed whenever loading a new round. However, after I pull the trigger (dry fire) the button is depressed in and I can rack the slide without pressing it. Just wanted to make sure this...
  9. C

Stupid Question

Thanks guys! That's what I thought/hoped. Sorry for the paranoid question! It was honestly a very small drop. This is my first shotgun and just not super familiar with them. I have another embarrassing question I might ask here in case someone can quickly answer. If I cock the shotgun and dry...
  10. C

Stupid Question

Just got my first Mossberg (the shockwave) and I've really been babying it. I just dropped it on its side about a foot onto a plastic storage bin. I feel stupid even asking because I'm sure it's fine, but anyway a very small drop onto something like this (not a hard surface) could cause any...
  11. C

Anyone ever knock out a tooth with the SW

Pretty sure mossberg specifically says to never shoot the Shockwave aiming down the sites (i.e. it should never be near your face to begin with) Or am I wrong?
  12. C

Thoughts on mini shells for shockwave?

Thanks. Slugs are the only thing I can shoot at the range I go to
  13. C

Thanks! Suggestions on the better options?
  14. C

Hey guys. Still trying to find the best low recoil slug option for range practice. Getting some Remington Managed recoil slugs, but was curious what your guys' experience with the mini shells and adapter was? Can the adapter do any harm to the gun? Just feels unnatural to not use a shell...
  15. C

What shells to use with the shockwave

Thanks for all the info guys!
  16. C

Thanks for the suggestions! Still curious though, are there rounds that shouldn't be used in the shockwave, or can it safely shoot any 2.75 shells?
  17. C

Hey guys. Getting my first mossberg soon (either the shockwave or nightstick) I was just wondering if there were any rounds that were too powerful for this shotgun, or is any 2.75 shell "safe"? My range only allows slugs, so looking for some slugs that are easier on the gun, as well as a more...
Back