• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. C

Stupid question about racking (retrograde)

Just got a 590 retrograde. I'm not really a shotgun guy so I have a really stupid question. I want to be able to rack the shotgun but I also don't want to dry fire it. I do not have snap caps right now and honestly have had bad experiences with them and would like to avoid using them...
  2. C

Long term storage?

Just curious if there is a "right" way to store a shotgun long term. Should it sit upright (like in a gun cabinet, closet etc) or flat? If flat, is there a specific way it should lay? (ejection port up, etc). Maybe I'm overthinking it
  3. C

Stupid Question

Just got my first Mossberg (the shockwave) and I've really been babying it. I just dropped it on its side about a foot onto a plastic storage bin. I feel stupid even asking because I'm sure it's fine, but anyway a very small drop onto something like this (not a hard surface) could cause any...
  4. C

Thoughts on mini shells for shockwave?

Hey guys. Still trying to find the best low recoil slug option for range practice. Getting some Remington Managed recoil slugs, but was curious what your guys' experience with the mini shells and adapter was? Can the adapter do any harm to the gun? Just feels unnatural to not use a shell...
  5. C

What shells to use with the shockwave

Hey guys. Getting my first mossberg soon (either the shockwave or nightstick) I was just wondering if there were any rounds that were too powerful for this shotgun, or is any 2.75 shell "safe"? My range only allows slugs, so looking for some slugs that are easier on the gun, as well as a more...
Back