• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Joe Rand

Follower, aluminum or Delrin?

Or don’t bother. Was thinking of swapping out the follower on my Mossberg. Would like the ability to see if the gun is empty a little easier, among other things. I do have a preference for delrin guitar picks, FWIW. Do the materials make that big a difference, or just pick one?
  2. Joe Rand

Anyone try these new short shells?

I was watching a YT video made by Paul Harrell where he tested them. Here is the link to the second one. He shot 2 videos one without the adapter and one with. The link above is with the adapter.
  3. Joe Rand

Does storing your gun muzzle up impact the limbsaver?

Thanks guys. Put the pad on today, slapped it in a gun sock, and put it in the safe butt down.
  4. Joe Rand

Recoil Pad options for 590?

No problem Fred245. Searched the internet and found the correct screw size from an 870 schematic. Went to Lowe's and bought the#2 Philips, 6 x 1". Was a bit concerned as it looked way to short. But it sits way down in the pad and the length was perfect. I did contact Limbsaver asking about the...
  5. Joe Rand

What kind of ears are you running ?

I used to use the Howard Leight’s decent muff for the money. Good for an hour of range time. Fit was decent. But I got sweaty and uncomfortable after a while. Decided to get a pair of MSA Sordin’s with the gel cups. A lot more money than the Leight’s, but they are worth it. So much more...
  6. Joe Rand

Yeah I think my OCD is making me over think this. It’s a shotgun for crying out loud. Besides, the hardest part was finding the screws to mount it. If it gets screwed up just bolt on another. Thanks guys for all your feedback.
  7. Joe Rand

Just added a limbsaver to my new 590a1 Magpul. Running out of room in the safe, so I have to store it on the butt against the safe wall. It's the only way to fit it in with the rest of the guns. Time to start taking guns out of their cases/boxes. Will storing it with the weight on the recoil...
  8. Joe Rand

Nope, had to go out and buy 6 x 1” #2 phillips wood screw. Actually, the only size they had were drywall screws. No problem using those.
  9. Joe Rand

I just picked up my Beretta 1301 Tact. It had 2 sets of recoil pad screws. I'm sure those will work too.
  10. Joe Rand

Where do you guys buy your Ammo?

I use Lucky Gunner and Target Sports for bulk buys. I go through around 250 9mm per range visit. So getting 1000 at a time amortizes the shipping cost. Have it shipped to work and the security guard at the desk receives it so no sitting on the front steps. For my lower volume ammo I’ll buy...
  11. Joe Rand

Noob break in question, or two

CaddmannQ, nope it’s an Epiphone Granada circa 1964. My other addiction. My dad lent me the $200 to buy it and an ampeg amplifier. Took 2 years of paperboy earnings to pay him back. Springsteen had the same one. He went a little further with his guitar than me. Gibson made the exact same model...
  12. Joe Rand

Based on the comments in this thread I bought a Limbsaver, and adapter for my 590a1 Magpul. For those that have converted what size screw did you use to attach the pad to the adapter? Contacted Limbsaver a few days ago and still haven’t heard from them.
  13. Joe Rand

Noob break in question, or two

Handgun owner who has come over to the dark side! Got my first shotgun, Mossberg 590a1 Magpul, and a Beretta 1301 tactical on the way. These things are addicting. Is there a recommended ammo to break the gun in? Round count? Or just shoot the snot out of it? Also, lube/clean before the first...
  14. Joe Rand

What calibers do you shoot?

Thanks so happy to be here. I can hardly wait to start contributing. Learned a lot to help me decide on my 590a1 Magpul.
  15. Joe Rand

What calibers do you shoot?

.22lr, 9mm, .38, .357, .45, .223/.556 and now 12 gauge
Back