• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Snowman366

The reality of gun confiscation

The internet has given us a ready means to organize and (to borrow a tactic from the other side) "flash-mob" our legislators and the local news media. If we don't do it to them, the anti-gun forces are gonna beat us to the punch. They're already loosely organized into anarchist, or...
  2. Snowman366

The reality of gun confiscation

Excellently written article by Paul Howe: http://blog.wilsoncombat.com/paul-howe/ ... paul-howe/ Brings a whole new meaning to "Just say NO".
  3. Snowman366

need help finding 00buck?

Sportsman's Guide has a good selection.
  4. Snowman366

Need a hand with practical scenario

...and it'd certainly be the sort of 'reception' they deserve. :mrgreen:
  5. Snowman366

Gosh, Mike...thanks so much for the time you took for that detailed explanation. I've got it filed away for future reference!
  6. Snowman366

Grateful to hear that. Thanks for your patience and help.
  7. Snowman366

Well...10 to 12 feet on the building height, the target distance is 50 yards, or slightly less, at street level. The slugs are one-ounce Winchester or Federal Foster slugs, usually the reduced recoil variety and, since this is a hypothetical question, I can't really give you an answer on the...
  8. Snowman366

Yep...50 yards, or pehaps a bit less, from the base of the building to the target's position out in the street. The sub-stations are usually single storey buildings with flat roofs.
  9. Snowman366

Baruch Hashem Adonai... :mrgreen:
  10. Snowman366

At street level, I'd say 50 yards or a bit less.
  11. Snowman366

Say you have a police sub-station, or a trial witness's home, and you get a tip that MS-13 is gonna do a drive-by with an AK-47 and shoot the place up in the next 90 minutes. So you post an officer on top of the building with a 12-gauge loaded with rifled slugs, with instructions to dump a...
  12. Snowman366

Grex granules and jammed magazines

I gotta confess that I don't know if they use the grex type material in hunting loads. (?) The ammo we were dealing with was 00-buckshot.
  13. Snowman366

You'll know it when it happens. The mechanism ejects the spent shotshell, but doesn't pick up the next fresh round from the magazine...because the feed-stop is jammed, and won't allow any rounds to pop out of the magazine into the shell lifter. The flurry of trouble we had with leaking grex was...
  14. Snowman366

We're all familiar with the little white powder-like plastic granules that are loaded into a lot of shotgun ammo. Not sure what the proper name for it is, but I've always heard it referred to as "grex". I'm sure that you've picked up a shotgun shell now and then and noticed the grex was sifting...
  15. Snowman366

Buckshot penetration at extended distance

Sorry it took so long to answer, but I wanted to get the best info I could. I contacted a longtime friend, now retired, who is the professor emeritus of the forensic pathology program here at I.U. School of Medicine. I attended a lot of autopsies with him over the years. He told me it is very...
  16. Snowman366

Thanks for the link, Br'er Tom. I looked through that thread again. Lots of good input. I don't think anyone mentioned the problem of hitting people once they go in motion, and the things we can do to give ourselves an edge.
  17. Snowman366

In a weapon dedicated to home defense, I personally would much prefer a buckshot load that has faster downrange dispersion of the pattern. The reason being is that, as we've talked about previously here, your target very likely ain't gonna stand stock still, like a B-27 silhouette, and let you...
  18. Snowman366

Thanks...I was curious. The LE-132 may be a better load for indoors than I was thinking...I just wouldn't want to use it at much more than bayonet-range. Which, in fairness, encompasses most SD shootings, including police-action shootings. Not that that's a good idea...in fact, we try to...
  19. Snowman366

Federal's Premium line PFC-154 is the same as the LE-127 load, up to and including the "Flite Control" cup. Just a different colored hull. If I recall correctly, you ID'd a Premium line load that duplicates the low-recoil LE-132. That might help some of our members to know that, Brad.
  20. Snowman366

I re-watched that video. (You have some first-rate videos, by the way.) Was the drywall backing just one layer...or two...and was it backed up by plywood or something? I'm amazed that the LE-132 failed to punch through that drywall at only 25 yards. That's just pitiful. Thanks so much for all...
Back